Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-21-2010, 09:11 AM

Exclamation INS now has a new policy will not process illegals from Arizona

INS now has a new policy will not process illegals from Arizona

it just broke on Foxnews

Old 05-21-2010, 11:01 AM

"Process"? What exactly does that mean?
Old 05-21-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredat44 View Post
INS now has a new policy will not process illegals from Arizona

it just broke on Foxnews

Did you mean ICE?

What they're saying is they won't pick them up to be deported. Basically what ICE has done so often. This is the Federal Government openly defying the law, the people and spitting in our faces.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 05-21-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Top Official Says Feds May Not Process Illegals Referred From Arizona

A top Department of Homeland Security official reportedly said his agency will not necessarily process illegal immigrants referred to them by Arizona authorities.

John Morton, assistant secretary of homeland security for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, made the comment during a meeting on Wednesday with the editorial board of the Chicago Tribune, the newspaper reports.

"I don't think the Arizona law, or laws like it, are the solution," Morton told the newspaper.

The best way to reduce illegal immigration is through a comprehensive federal approach, he said, and not a patchwork of state laws.

The law, which criminalizes being in the state illegally and requires authorities to check suspects for immigration status, is not "good government," Morton said.
In response to Morton's comments, DHS officials said President Obama has ordered the Department of Justice to examine the civil rights
and other implications of the law.

"That review will inform the government's actions going forward," DHS spokesman Matt Chandler told Fox News on Friday.

Meanwhile, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano said ICE is not obligated to process illegal immigrants referred to them by Arizona authorities.

"ICE has the legal discretion to accept or not to accept persons delivered to it by non-federal personnel," Napolitano said. "It also has the discretion to deport or not to deport persons delivered to it by any government agents, even its own."

Morton, according to a biography posted on ICE's website, began his federal service in 1994 and has held numerous positions at the Department of Justice, including as a trial attorney and special assistant to the general counsel in the former Immigration and Naturalization Service and as counsel to the deputy attorney general.

Border apprehensions in Arizona, where roughly 500,000 illegal immigrants are estimated to be living, are up 6 percent since October, according to federal statistics. Roughly 6.5 million residents live in Arizona.

Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-AL, said it appeared the Obama administration is "nullifying existing law" and suggested Morton may not be the right person for his post if he fails to enforce federal immigration law.

"If he feels he cannot enforce the law, he shouldn't have the job," Sessions told Fox News. "That makes him, in my view, not fulfilling the responsibilities of his office."

Sessions said the U.S. government has "systematically failed" to enforce federal immigration law and claimed Morton's statement is an indication that federal officials do not plan on working with Arizona authorities regarding its controversial law.

"They're telegraphing to every ICE agency in America that they really don't intend on cooperating with Arizona," Sessions said. "The federal government should step up and do it. It's their responsibility."

Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-AL, said it appeared the Obama administration is "nullifying existing law" and suggested Morton may not be the right person for his post if he fails to enforce federal immigration law.

"If he feels he cannot enforce the law, he shouldn't have the job," Sessions told Fox News. "That makes him, in my view, not fulfilling the responsibilities of his office."

Sessions said the U.S. government has "systematically failed" to enforce federal immigration law and claimed Morton's statement is an indication that federal officials do not plan on working with Arizona authorities regarding its controversial law.

"They're telegraphing to every ICE agency in America that they really don't intend on cooperating with Arizona," Sessions said. "The federal government should step up and do it. It's their responsibility."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...erred-arizona/
Old 05-21-2010, 12:21 PM

This is a little too much. It's a coup. If the Obamination can be found to be at the bottom of it, he might be available for impeachment. Again.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
This is a little too much. It's a coup. If the Obamination can be found to be at the bottom of it, he might be available for impeachment. Again.
Impeachment? I think you're on to something there. The President of the US has abdicated his duty to defend American citizens under attack from foreign nationals and, instead, is using executive power to thwart the efforts of Americans under attack to defend themselves.

This is treason. Just hope and pray the stupid GOP leadership will figure out what a powerful election year issue this could be. The polls show rank and file Americans are on our side. I saw Brewer on Fox last night (Greta Van Susteran) and she was wonderful. A straight talking American, honest and forthright.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:31 PM
"SZinWestLA"

This is too much, I mean from a public relations standpoint. It is open disdain for the wishes of the American people and the welfare of those in AZ. I genuinely think this is going to backfire on the administration.

Obama, if he were to display some common sense, could at least pretend to be more concerned about the welfare of Phoenix and Tucson residents, than he is the idea of legalizing millions of border hoppers. This step is simply too disrespectful. I truly believe there's going to be fallout from this.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
This is too much, I mean from a public relations standpoint. It is open disdain for the wishes of the American people and the welfare of those in AZ. I genuinely think this is going to backfire on the administration.

Obama, if he were to display some common sense, could at least pretend to be more concerned about the welfare of Phoenix and Tucson residents, than he is the idea of legalizing millions of border hoppers. This step is simply too disrespectful. I truly believe there's going to be fallout from this.
He is a communist with no concern for anything except his twisted dream of remaking society in his own twisted image. These people are monsters.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:55 PM

Impeachment? That would be crooks convicting crooks. I heard when a thief steals from a thief he gets pardoned.

They are telling you straight out they are derelict in thier duties by choice. They will not protect our borders or public safety. They will not permit anyone else to protect ourselves either. The feds won't even allow people to defend themselves. It wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't put it past them to say that the Americans killed or kidnapped on the border did so as the price of being an American.

Oh, but they'll be democrat voters!

HOW MANY VOTES ARE WORTH AN AMERICAN LIFE? WHAT'S THE GOING RATE?
Old 05-22-2010, 03:43 PM

Do we really need a bigger sign to wake the rest of America up with?

Not only are they passively not enforcing our laws, they are now actively telling us they wont...