Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > SOS Management and Operation Discussion

SOS Management and Operation Discussion Questions and answers about the management and operation of Save Our State.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Default Save Our State Soliciting For Donations

Greetings SOS faithful and Associates,

We come to you today to solicit for donations. Up until now, we have kept any requests for donations confined to a small circle of friends, and largely what costs have been incurred over the past few years have been shouldered by a select few people. In addition we felt that it wasn't prudent to solicit publicly until we'd recieved our tax exempt letter from at least the state of California. That hurdle was cleared last week, and concurrently the well from which previous expenditures have been paid has dried up.
At this time we have fallen behind in storage fees where the mobile billboard is kept, web hosting for the websites and email, and now we are faced with new filing fees to maintain our non-profit status.

After several years of operating on the tiniest of budgets, we've come to a point where there are no resources to pay expenses.
We humbly request you make a small donation to Save Our State so that we can continue to have a presence in the immigration law enforcement support and border security movement. We have an event upcoming at the state capitol during Mexican independence day to highlight the loss of US Border Patrol Agents, and we continue to have a presence at the state capitol on some legislative bills. At the same time we are making numerous public records requests that are working their way through the sloth-like government bureaucracy.

Save Our State has brought you to the front lines of street activism with our mobile billboard at many locations including Mexican Day at the State Capitol each year, Our half mast Border Patrol flag events, protesting mexican advocacy day, Day Labor protests, and stand with Arizona events. In addition we have spoken out at numerous committee meetings at the state capitol, City Hall, and County Board of Supervisors in an attempt to keep them abreast of your wishes.
We like to feel we've earned some of your respect with what we do, and we'd like to keep doing it. We also hope you will consider a charitable act to enable that.
Any monetary donations can be sent to:
Save Our State
PO Box 160965
Sacramento, CA 95816
Any donations in kind, which would include personal or real property, can be discussed by calling us at :
(916) 761-3419
With sincerest regards,

Save Our State Management

Last edited by admin; 07-20-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:47 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Davi, there's no one left here. Take a look at your message board.

Aside from your (commendable) self-orchestrated activities, Save Our State hasn't done anything in years. Few people even bother to post anymore.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 07-22-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:54 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Davi, there's no one left here. Take a look at your message board.

Aside from your (commendable) self-orchestrated activities, Save Our State hasn't done anything in years. Few people even bother to post anymore.
Don't know why, but some people prefer to contact us via mail, email, and phone, but confine their posting to facebook. Doesn't matter though; SOS is not just a forum/messageboard. It's an institution now. We don't stop or go based upon who or how many post here.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:08 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Wow ... I really think you've misdiagnosed the situation but I'd be thrilled to see you prove me wrong.

Good luck!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:12 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Wow ... I really think you've misdiagnosed the situation but I'd be thrilled to see you prove me wrong.

Good luck!
I don't think either of us have misdiagnosed anything here. You're right that no one is posting here. I'm right that that doesn't matter, and that SOS will still continue our agenda.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:35 AM

Posting is not a determiner of activism.

A lot of what can be said has been said, otherwise many who debate may do little else.

After seven years, I've largely either ran out of something new to say or have become tired of the endless, confused (and losing) argument over whether race determines nationality, political belief and inherent criminality.

We all know what people who respond to oftenly skewed polls might have to say, what do people who don't respond to polls really think and do? And what goes beyond the rhetoric, whether obvious or not?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.