Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Archer

Default Sheriff Arpaio encounters protestors at Tancredo fundraiser

Ariz. sheriff met by protesters at Colo. fundraiser for Tancredo
By Tammy Vigil
Fox 31 (Denver), September 27, 2010
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-tancre...,5621340.story
VIDEO AT LINK

Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio who came to raise money for Tom Tancredo also raised the wrath of immigration-rights protesters.

'We've been so disgusted and saddened by both Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Tom Tancredo's failed broken policies on immigration,' said Julie Gonzales of the Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition.

Arpaio wasn't impressed by them and said 'there aren't many of them here.' But he is impressed by Tancredo.

'He's a good guy. You always look at the person not the party. We need him not only on illegal immigration. But he spent 10 years in Congress,' said Arpaio.

Tancredo says, 'I am really excited. it's terrific.'

Tancredo is tickled by the support and in news polls that have him ahead of the Republican candidate.

'Dan Maes is out of money, out of support probably only one place to go. Don't you? I do. It's me. I am I ready!' said Tancredo.

Also stumping for the third-party candidate is Duane 'Dog' Chapman, a cable-tv celebrity, and his wife Beth.

Chapman said 'I do pay some taxes in Colorado. I am a homeowner. I was born and raised here. I care about Colorado.'

'We have no objection to people coming to America, Colorado is beautiful. Just do it right, just register, do it correctly,' said Beth.

Inside the Grizzly Rose, a country band entertained as supporters entertained ideas of why Colorado needs Tancredo.

Arpaio said 'He's been to Phoenix several times to help with our illegal immigration fight.'

They see eye to eye - tough stances on illegal immigration and putting their money on a single plan.

More than 1,000 people showed up to the sold out event and at $35 a ticket, it's money the campaign will use to purchase TV ads.