Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-05-2010, 06:19 PM

Default John & Ken endorse Libertarian Dale Ogden for CA Governor

ttp://www.lp.org/blogs/daniel-wiener/john-ken-endorse-libertarian-dale-ogden-for-ca-governor

The John & Ken talk radio show on KFI-AM 640 in the Los Angeles area has endorsed Dale Ogden, the Libertarian Party candidate for Governor, over Democrat Jerry Brown and Republican Meg Whitman. For those who are not familiar with John & Ken, they are an enormously influential team which dominates the afternoon rush hour airwaves. According to Wikipedia, John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou host the most popular local talk radio program in the United States, with a peak audience of one million listeners during their 2pm - 7pm time slot.

John and Ken tend to be crusading populists, and libertarians would find their views on various topics a mixed bag. But their vicious take-no-prisoners attacks on numerous incumbent (and aspiring) politicians are legendary. This endorsement will probably add tens of thousands of votes to Dale Ogden's November total.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:22 PM

I heard the interview with the Libertarian Candidate and he came off pretty well, I have to admit. I'm not normally a great Libertarian Party fan, but this guy sounded very rational and well grounded. No double talking B.S.

J&K have sure come a long way since endorsing and campaigning for Arnold Scwarzennegger.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:56 PM

From Dale Ogden's website:

http://www.daleogden.org/

Quote:

In a purely libertarian world, people could come to this country only if they were invited by a resident and their conduct guaranteed by that resident. Philosophically, I believe in open borders; people should be able to come and go as they please, as long as they do not trespass or commit crimes. However, until we eliminate welfare and end the war on drugs (and eliminate the potential for terrorism), we need to control our borders and keep our citizens and residents safe.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:40 AM

My take on endorsements is, If I am not able to make a choice and must rely on some radio personalities, maybe I should stay home. I only have one vote and I always use it to the best of my ability.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:35 PM
"SZinWestLA"

I think it's rather obvious what has happened here, if you simply start to connect the dots.

Clearly, the same people who got to Davi and Frank, for the purpose of sabotaging Chelene's bid for elected office, have sunk their hooks into John & Ken, as well.

George Soros, the National Council for La Raza or some other ne'er do well threw a few coins at them and -bam!- they're talking like paid for puppets! Is anyone really surprised? Isn't it obvious that those two drive-time hotshots have always had secret anti-American agendas?
Old 10-06-2010, 03:40 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
I think it's rather obvious what has happened here, if you simply start to connect the dots.

Clearly, the same people who got to Davi and Frank, for the purpose of sabotaging Chelene's bid for elected office, have sunk their hooks into John & Ken, as well.

George Soros, the National Council for La Raza or some other ne'er do well threw a few coins at them and -bam!- they're talking like paid for puppets! Is anyone really surprised? Isn't it obvious that those two drive-time hotshots have always had secret anti-American agendas?
Can't wait to here what choice words she uses to describe them. Sell-outs? No worries. I've been reading she intends to show them all a thing or three with her radio and TV spots. Soon as the donations start roaring in.

By the way, I ran into Chelena at the state capitol today. I got a few pics, and a little video, but as is the norm, she kind of stays clear of me.

I was able to speak with a few other reps from the other third parties though. Peace and freedom, Libertarians and such.