Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-19-2010, 08:29 PM
SOS Associate

Default Latinos Sue To Change American Electoral Process

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/12/19/326...o-empower.html

A few Latinos in Compton are suing the city to demand changes in the electoral process. They want the at large system changed so they can vote in...a latino. Somehow, they think that they should be represented by their race, and cannot be represented effectively by other races

Quote:
Compton's population has changed in recent decades from a majority African-American to two-thirds Hispanic. The city has never had a Latino council member.
So should I even ask how many of these latinos that make of the 2/3 population are legally present? My guess is, if you filtered for the legally present, you might see the latino population dwindle down to 1/3
Old 12-20-2010, 04:34 AM

Old news. This has already happened in Bakersfield.

Hispanics couldn't get elected to the school board and a law suit in Superior court resulted in a ruling that basically rigged the election so that a pre-determined number of people would win the election based on skin color.

Amazing. Racially segregated schools are against the law, but racially segregated elections are OK.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:07 AM

Goofball Gil Navarro tried this for for local school districts some years ago.

There is a way to racially stack the municipal electoral deck I read about in a racial rights book, and it does work. I might look it up again.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:38 AM

There was at story on TV, I think Fox, about the US Gov't DOJ doing this in some town in New York where Hispanics couldn't get elected to either the city council or school board. I forget which. The litigation almost bankrupted he town and they finally caved. They came up with some goof ball deal whereby everybody got as many votes as candidates (i.e. six candidates, six votes) but the Hispanics could cast all of their six votes for the Hispanic candidate and not vote for the others.

This is a "remedial' measure for "past" injustice. Got that? People who came here yesterday are entitled to have rigged elections for "injustices" that happened before any of us were born. Sickening.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
There was at story on TV, I think Fox, about the US Gov't DOJ doing this in some town in New York where Hispanics couldn't get elected to either the city council or school board. I forget which. The litigation almost bankrupted he town and they finally caved. They came up with some goof ball deal whereby everybody got as many votes as candidates (i.e. six candidates, six votes) but the Hispanics could cast all of their six votes for the Hispanic candidate and not vote for the others.

This is a "remedial' measure for "past" injustice. Got that? People who came here yesterday are entitled to have rigged elections for "injustices" that happened before any of us were born. Sickening.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>

That was Port Chester, Westchester County. Here's the story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/12/ny...12chester.html

They didn't cave voluntarily, they were ordered by the Justice Department.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
...everybody got as many votes as candidates (i.e. six candidates, six votes) but the Hispanics could cast all of their six votes for the Hispanic candidate and not vote for the others.
I believe this is the racial scheme I referred to, and that it's been played far more than just once.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.