Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > California Schools

California Schools Topics And Information Relating To California Schools

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-01-2011, 06:36 PM

Default Teenager 'punched and stabbed ex-girlfriend to death at school after lunch break argu

Teenager 'punched and stabbed ex-girlfriend to death at school after lunch break argument'

teenager allegedly fatally stabbed his ex-girlfriend at school in a brutal attack after punching the girl and pushing her to the ground.

Abraham Lopez, 18, stabbed Cindi Santana, 17, at South East High School in South Gate, California, and she died hours later, police said.

Lopez was allegedly arguing with her during a lunch break - and later caused a hospital bomb scare by saying he had hidden explosive devices.

Scroll down for video
Fear: School police officers wait with parents who came to pick up their children during a lockdown after the stabbing at South East High School on Friday

Fear: School police officers wait with parents who came to pick up their children during a lockdown after the stabbing at South East High School on Friday

He stabbed her several times before being subdued by a school official, policeman and a student, who all suffered minor injuries, authorities said.

Los Angeles Unified School District police chief Steve Zipperman said a school dean tried to intervene and realised Lopez had a knife.

Investigators thought he could have planted explosives in the vehicle of the girl's family - parked in a garage at the hospital where she died.

The hospital was briefly locked down on Friday night while a sheriff's bomb squad searched the car but they found nothing, Chief Zipperman said.
Response: Lopez allegedly began arguing with her during a lunch break - and later caused a bomb scare by saying he had hidden explosive devices

Response: Lopez allegedly began arguing with her during a lunch break - and later caused a bomb scare by saying he had hidden explosive devices

Lopez allegedly told detectives he had placed explosive devices in several places. Another team searched the family's home and found nothing.

'It's difficult to understand if somebody gets stabbed, but then when we lose a student as a result of that, let's face it - there isn't anything worse'

Steve Zipperman
Los Angeles USD police chief

The girl died at a hospital in Lynwood, California, after surgery. Lopez is in police custody and is expected to appear in court on Tuesday.

‘This is our bread and butter, the safety and security of our students,’ Chief Zipperman told KCAL-TV.

‘It's difficult to understand if somebody gets stabbed, but then when we lose a student as a result of that, let's face it - there isn't anything worse.’
School tragedy: South East High School in South Gate has about 3,000 students and is located about 15 miles south of Los Angeles, California

School tragedy: South East High School in South Gate has about 3,000 students and is located about 15 miles south of Los Angeles, California

Lopez was taken to a hospital to ensure he was not injured during his arrest. He was being held on suspicion of murder on $1million bail.

'I feel bad for the family and for all the friends. She's gone but never forgotten. I wish that wouldn't have happened'

Deisy Nava, student

Grief counsellors were made available to students at the school, Los Angeles Unified School District Superintendent John Deasy said.

South East High School has about 3,000 students and is located about 15 miles south of Los Angeles, California.

‘I feel bad for the family and for all the friends,’ student Deisy Nava told ABC. ‘She's gone but never forgotten. I wish that wouldn't have happened.’

See video here

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1ZaWFEGx7
Old 10-02-2011, 08:48 AM

What's your point?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:10 AM

Possibly how sick everything is.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Army Mom View Post
I would assume the same. This is how far society has sunk, and just how dangerous our schools are.

When I went to school there weren't fences or guards. Compare that to today. What has happened to create this environment? You can answer that yourself.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
What's your point?
Quote:
Quote:
I would assume the same. This is how far society has sunk,
My first impression is that the post is about race, a school yard murder involving brown kids. If so, I could probably dig up the incident perhaps a year or so ago where a white cop shot his white soon to be ex wife, also a cop, and the white man she had been seeing.

Then again, there's always the Columbine massacre - didn't have anything to do with jilted lovers or rejected spouses. The shooters were white kids.

Cindi's killer, as I understand the account, was a kid with problems or who was a problem. She broke up with him and rejected his solicitation to get back together. He spent a few hours or days in jail on unspecified charges, and after release was, as described, inconsolably incoherent for three days. Cindi had been seeing another guy in the meantime, and Abraham said something like giving her "the last desperate embrace", whatever that meant.

It's an unfortunate story as old as time.

Whatever her character may have been, it seems Cindi was a good student.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.