Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-04-2010, 07:40 AM
SOS Associate

Default WIC Abusers To Hold Event

the California WIC Association is holding an event at the state capitol. They are also lobbying heavily in congressional districts that chair the committee to find more ways to fund the program. I'm going to solicit for protesters to attend the event. Our issue would be themed around how taxpayer funds are being usurped by foreigners who are here illegally, and not aimed at the program in general.

Quote:
Start Date: 6/16/2010

Permit#: 2010-0310 Status: Approved
Organization: CA WIC Assoc.
Activity: rally day Activity Items: tables, chairs
Setup Time: 11:30 AM Start 12:30 PM End 5 :00 PM
Comments:

http://www.calwic.org/action_alert.aspx

Quote:
A "Dear Colleague" letter is currently being circulated by Reps. Jim McGovern (D-MA) and Jo Ann Emerson (R-MO), Co-Chairs of the Congressional Hunger Caucus. The letter urges Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to assist "in the identification of possible offsets to support President Obama's call for new investments to properly fund" the Child Nutrition Reauthorization.

We need your help to obtain more signatures on this letter. The deadline for signatures is Friday, April 30.

We need both Democrats and Republicans to sign on to this letter. If your Representative is on the list below, please contact her/him immediately and urge them to sign on to the Pelosi "Dear Colleague letter on Child Nutrition." Please tell them to contact: Keith Stern with Rep. McGovern (225-6101) and Justin Rone with Rep. Emerson (225-4404) - with questions, or to add their name to the letter.

These are the Representatives that need to be contacted. Please call today!

DEMOCRATS:

Joe Baca - D-CA District 43
Xavier Becerra - D-CA District 31
Dennis Cardoza - D-CA District 18
Jim Costa - D-CA District 20
Michael Honda - D-CA - District 15
Grace Napolitano - D-CA District 38
Lucille Roybal-Allard - D-CA District 34
Adam Schiff - D-CA District 29

REPUBLICANS:

Mary Bono Mack (R-CA) District 45
Howard "Buck" McKeon (R-CA) District 25

To access the contact information for the office for your Representative, visit the US House of Representatives website.

Questions? Please call CWA at 916 448-2280.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:08 AM

WIC stands for Women Infants and Children. It is an aid program.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:36 AM

I really don't want to see any one go hungry but I have to say, Why do these people who cannot feed them selves have KIDS? The day is coming I fear, when someone who has worked their entire adult life could go without because everything is being given to the careless ( that would be those careless parents having too many kids).
Old 06-04-2010, 10:29 AM

As I stated in the other post, you don't have to be here legally to receive WIC. Every female who meets the income guidelines, as soon as she gets pregnant is entitled to WIC. It give them formula, cheese, milk, juice, cereal and some other food stuff.

I don't think there is one of us who hasn't waited in line while the cashier has had to fill out the vouchers to a customer who can't speak a lick of English and often has two or three other kids in tow.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:04 AM

Much of that money is going to families of anchor babies. And yes, they purposely have a lot of them.

I watched one lady use an "advantage" card in front of me in a Stockton Food 4 Less, then get in a brand new Mercedes-Benz.

There is a lot of fraud by legal aliens and citizens too. Because they never check anyone's information.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:49 PM
As seen on TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
WIC stands for Women Infants and Children. It is an aid program.
I always thought it stood for 'women is crazy"...
Old 06-06-2010, 10:10 AM

If you will have any event to counter, let's get the news out to the Tea Party quickly so they have time to coordinate with us.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:42 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
If you will have any event to counter, let's get the news out to the Tea Party quickly so they have time to coordinate with us.
I want to, but I'm not too sure I can make the timing. I'll have to get back to you on monday when everyone gets back to business. or what passes for it these days
Old 06-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
As I stated in the other post, you don't have to be here legally to receive WIC. Every female who meets the income guidelines, as soon as she gets pregnant is entitled to WIC. It give them formula, cheese, milk, juice, cereal and some other food stuff.

I don't think there is one of us who hasn't waited in line while the cashier has had to fill out the vouchers to a customer who can't speak a lick of English and often has two or three other kids in tow.
Not in MA you don't.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN View Post
Not in MA you don't.
I hope you're right, but it is a fed thing and I'm not sure if they write the restrictions or the states do. The excuse given for giving the illegals WIC is that they say the kid will be born here and they want it healthy, because if it's not, it costs the taxpayer more in medical.

We also have something here in Calif called Healthy Families, were the parents (legal or not) pay a very small fee ($15 per month) per family (anchor babies or illegal kids) and they receive medical equal to that of those on Welfare. The state of Calif tried to cut Healthy Families off, but the feds stopped the state from canceling the program.

So I know that the feds are preventing the states from cutting the illegals off of some programs.