Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Forum Rules, Functions, and Performance Section > Forum and Email Performance - Issues and Help

Forum and Email Performance - Issues and Help Learn how to use the forum - Get help solving a problem - Get the latest tips on making the forum work for you

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Default Notice To Associates and Registered Users About PM System

I'd like to educate everyone about the PM system.
The PM system has been referred to as a "private message" or "personal message" that can be sent to selected users of the forum without including all registered users or unregistered users browsing this web page. Because of the label "personal" or "private", many have come to believe that the system has a certain sanctity equivilent to US mail or attorney client privilidge. The fact is, that system is no more secure than passing a note to another classmate in school. I would encourage everyone to treat it as such. It's still a valuable and useful tool as long as you accept it for what it is, and not presume it is something else. It's still a good system for low level communication between users when they want to exchange information or greetings between themselves in passing. I have come to know lately that even when you empty your PM box by deleting excess PM's, they still remain in the General database, I would guess indefinately.
This message has been brought to your attention with your best interests in mind.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:49 AM

Thanks for posting that. At one time I thought PM really meant something but I found out it did not. Deleting did not really delete, at some other time I would find all the PMs still there. At least I never had anything there that I could not live with.