Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-18-2010, 10:06 AM
SOS Associate

Default DREAM Act May Be Resurrected..By Repubs

I know it's great news that this bill was shot down by a good margin, but I'm fearful of telltale bits that it was done so for reasons other than it being too gratuitous to illegals.
I'm afraid that the bill was voted down in order to give the gratitude of its' passing to the republicans next year. Mitch McConnell even mention it should be voted on next year...as in, not now, but when the republicans take the house.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:54 AM

You could be correct on all of that. Those who think that the republicans are the answer may be getting a surprise starting 01-05-2011. Those guys are for the multi rich and no one else. I think everyone will see.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:01 PM

If the newcomers think they have the balls to force this on us, we are obliged to hammer them with calls and faxes. I don't think it would be smart for any of the new elects to vote contrary to their constituents wishes, as they are being watched more closely now than in the past. I believe citizens will not stand still for reps ignoring them anymore, or at least through the next election cycle.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:44 PM
"SZinWestLA"

For strategic purposes (as in prevailing on 2012), I find it difficult to envision a REPUBLICAN effort to pass the DREAM Act before Obama comes up for Round 2. Right now, the swing voters are siding with the GOP. Most of them support immigration law enforcement. The Republicans want to keep them happy for at least the next 23 months.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:04 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
For strategic purposes (as in prevailing on 2012), I find it difficult to envision a REPUBLICAN effort to pass the DREAM Act before Obama comes up for Round 2. Right now, the swing voters are siding with the GOP. Most of them support immigration law enforcement. The Republicans want to keep them happy for at least the next 23 months.
If you think of it in the terms of what that last one was, maybe you're right; But if the republicans draft a different version...one that is more complimentary of the military, and less gratuitous to democrat voters, I think it might have a different tally. I wouldn't like it, but that's one of my fears, and we should keep up the pressure in the interim. I do not see congress or the senate letting the actual DREAM kids linger on permanently. And by actual Dream kids, I mean the now 14 through 24 year olds who are headed towards graduating something, and are not felons or similarly situated
Old 12-19-2010, 10:35 AM

I think it is a poor strategy paying too much attention to the major elections. The major elections are significant only because of all the attention they get. The actual work being done goes on between elections. It is only through relentless pressure and constant attention and repetition that we will be able to finally put the country back in the hands of US citizens, purge this country of illegal immigrants and put immigration back under the control of US citizens.

There is no substitute.

Even if we got what we imagine we want in our representatives, it is still something that has to be done on a day to day basis. Even all the attention put on the Dream Act has a tendency to distract people from the basic problem and what is actually going on and needs to be done.

Focus, focus, focus.