Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Forum Rules, Functions, and Performance Section > Forum and Email Performance - Issues and Help

Forum and Email Performance - Issues and Help Learn how to use the forum - Get help solving a problem - Get the latest tips on making the forum work for you

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Default RSS Enabled

The RSS option has been enabled for those wanting to feed any section or thread from SOS into their other forums, websites, blogs, etc. Look for this link button above the SOS forum logo to the right or to the left:

Then click it so it opens a window and then copy the HTTP header. You can then paste it inot your RSS enabled or compatible reader. Whichever section or thread you are reading at the time will be the one it feeds.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:11 AM

AG, I wish I understood all this that you've written. But even if I did, I probably would never have the need to do it.
Ops, is my computer illiteracy showing?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:46 AM
SOS Associate

I was illiterate in this particular field as well Jean,

RSS is just a means of having some specific content fed into your website, forums, blogs without you having to go do it everytime. It's like a search engine that operates automatically, and then posts it for you based upon the time frames you set. So if you had a blog of your own, and you wanted to feed posts into it from one particular thread here, an RSS program would be something to use to get the job done. Every so many hours it would check the thread for new posts and send those updates right into your desired location. The "subscribe to this thread" option available here is kind of like an RSS feed in a more simplistic manner; it just emails it to you instead of feeding it into your website or blog.