Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
One reason people don't listen to him is that Dennis requires you to think, and not parrot talking points.

Edited to add: I am sure that there is one member of this board that WON'T listen to him because Dennis is a Zionist.
Even if Dennis wasn't a Zionist, just his being Jewish would be enough to deter our resident anti-Semite.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 11-10-2010, 06:48 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
Edited to add: I am sure that there is one member of this board that WON'T listen to him because Dennis is a Zionist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Even if Dennis wasn't a Zionist, just his being Jewish would be enough to deter our resident anti-Semite.

You know, the day I have to listen to back handed, thinly-veiled insults from you hook nose sympathizers is the same day I'll smile like a good little obedient goyim while getting fleeced on April 15 to pay for the Zionist Occupational Government.

Take your marching orders from Jerusalem all you like, you'll fool no one. You are both an open book.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Continent Thief

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
You know, the day I have to listen to back handed, thinly-veiled insults from you hook nose sympathizers is the same day I'll smile like a good little obedient goyim while getting fleeced on April 15 to pay for the Zionist Occupational Government.

Take your marching orders from Jerusalem all you like, you'll fool no one. You are both an open book.
Careful, you might get banned.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 11-11-2010, 01:05 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Below is a portion of one of the leading stories in today's L.A. Times.

Let me summarize: Turn out the lights, the party's over ...

By Shane Goldmacher, Los Angeles Times

Reporting from Sacramento — As Jerry Brown prepares to take over as governor, California faces a $25.4-billion deficit — far larger than state officials were projecting only days ago — the state's chief budget analyst said Wednesday.

The figure, projected over the next year and a half, results from billions of dollars in phantom savings approved by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and legislators last month, more budget restrictions passed by voters last week and predictions of a "painfully slow economic recovery," according to the report from the nonpartisan Legislative Analyst's Office.

In addition, more than $8 billion in temporary sales, car and income taxes are set to expire in the coming year, and the federal stimulus program that has helped prop up schools, healthcare for the poor and other state programs also will soon disappear.

The report shows $20-billion annual shortfalls in future years as well.

"There is no good news," said Legislative Analyst Mac Taylor.

Simply keeping K-12 public schools funded at their current level would expand the deficit, Taylor said. That is because billions of dollars in school cutbacks are already factored in.

The predicted $25.4-billion deficit is the equivalent of about 29% of this year's general fund budget. Erasing the gap will require a combination of severe cuts and more in tax collections over several years, the report said.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 PM
SOS Associate

And here's a head-scratcher for me, however I'm sure capitol insiders have a clue:

Arnold calls a special session for budget work? He's going to be out in a little over a month, and it usually takes the legislature several months to agree on budget matters. What's the deal here? One last parting shot to set something in stone for those supporters of his who backed him up? It's either the water, the rail, or the bondholders wanting more security?

Quote:
That would leave a trail. We gas 'em, bury 'em in mass graves, and then claim it was all a hoax

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 11-11-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Arnold calls a special session for budget work? He's going to be out in a little over a month, and it usually takes the legislature several months to agree on budget matters. What's the deal here? One last parting shot to set something in stone for those supporters of his who backed him up? It's either the water, the rail, or the bondholders wanting more security?
I found this:

Quote:
Senate Republican leader Bob Dutton of Rancho Cucamonga on Wednesday urged Schwarzenegger to declare a fiscal emergency in light of the legislative analyst’s projection. Such a declaration would allow him to call a special session of lawmakers immediately after they are sworn in on Dec. 6.

“This is clearly a fiscal emergency that needs immediate action,” he said.
Here is opportunity for Brown to pull one of his fast ones:

Quote:
Brown pledged during the campaign he would not support any tax increases without a vote of the people. He has mentioned the possibility of calling a special election, perhaps as early as June, to deal with budget issues, potentially including proposed tax increases.
Brown pledges not to raise taxes, but this leaves open the possibility of elimination of income tax deductions without literally going back on his word...

Dutton wants to deal with it now with what we have, Brown is holding out for June or so for a public vote on raising taxes, which I believe will be shot down like Schartzenneger's propositions and force Brown to get creative with "revenue enhancement".

Does Brown really think he can squeeze blood out of a stone? How are Jerry and his "kids" in the legislature going to handle this without hacking on their pet entitlements? How about that revenue negative "green energy" boondoggle they insist on?

The whole article http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/nov/...xxfcoutlook11/

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-12-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:29 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
That would leave a trail. We gas 'em, bury 'em in mass graves, and then claim it was all a hoax

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Old 11-12-2010, 06:02 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post

Quote:
Quote:
And here's a head-scratcher for me, however I'm sure capitol insiders have a clue:

Quote:
Damn! I forgot that if you're not a brother of the cloth, you aren't allowed to jest about such things
Old 11-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Damn! I forgot that if you're not a brother of the cloth, you aren't allowed to jest about such things
I guess we just have different ideas about where the lines are.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Old 11-12-2010, 08:18 AM

Get ready for the killing fields in 2011. As I hear what the new DC is saying, you can forget any cooperation with members of the old DC. Guess where we will go from there. I was hearing yesterday that home mortgage interest may be elimated as an income tax deduction, if it is that will be a big deduction loss. Medicare benefits will be cut and of course we already know there will not be a cost of living increase even though everyone can site multiple increases.

Get ready because they are not even in office yet.