Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-23-2013, 09:59 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Some time back - 3-2 years or more I received an E-mail from Gilchist asking for a donation. He said he was rekindling the Minuteman effort. Simultaneously heard that he had retired and I also followed all of the peccadillos associated with his trials and tribulations, law suit and attempted take over by associates.

At that time I was heavily involved with some patriot group border watchers in Southern Arizona and also in communication with some county sheriffs there as well as DOD. Particularly I was communicating with Paul Babue sheriff and helping him to obtain arms and supplies.

My son in law works for the State Department involved in Iraq and Afghanistan. He told me about all of the military surplus coming back. Fortunately Paul was able to obtain huge amounts or weapons, supplies, night vision equipment and even a helicopter. At the same time I was trying to recruit volunteers and promoting it widely among various Government Departments. That too was successful and Paul obtained many "deputies".

I wrote to Jim Gilchrist and explained everything, inviting him to get involved. He wouldn't respond. He stopped soliciting donations from me. Didn't hear of any more activities there.

I'm concluding that his main objective was to collect funds to pay his attorneys. At least he never reactivated the Minutemen nor made any speaking tours that I ever heard of.
I haven't heard anything from him lately. The last time we exchanged anything, it was in regards to an interview he was about to do with public TV. I gave him my input on it, and then that was it. His website is active, but really..there's been nothing about him coming through here save for Deb Courtney's court ruling in the news, and then CCIR's emails in circulation.