Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-01-2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
But as an active member of the Tea Party, I resent the tea bagger name as a vile means of trying to marginalize a group of people who are willing to stand up for what we believe in. Very similar to being called a racist at anti illegal rallies. I hope you never utter that filthy implication in my presence.
Tim, I realize there are some good people in the 'Tea Party', however there are some in the group who are doing a lot of damage to the 'Party'. First of, they named them selves Tea Baggers without knowing the meaning of the term, so they had to do a make over. Don't blame me for their mistake.

I have tried to be careful about saying anything about the Party but I did mention here that I thought it had been infiltrated. I don't know anyone by name who is a Tea Party member but I am sure I know some because I was into a lot of SOS protesting. You have to separate the wheat from the sheath so to speak.

The political scene has become more than I think people thought it would. It is not alright to be uncivil or violent at these events. So far the only ones that I know of who are doing this are the Tea Party/Republicans.

I first registered as a Republican and re-registered as a Dem about 5 years later. My reason, the GOP did nothing for the working person and they were the kings of dirty politics.

During GWBs first primary, I remarked to someone that if he won this country would never be the same. I think we are at that point now. Guess no one can remember Sept. 08 when the big meeting was called at the WH as America was on the brink of a crumbling cliff and no one knew what to do. Remember Henry Paulson getting on his knee to allow helping to save banking?

You are entitled to your opinion also but everyone should remember that this cannot be blamed on one Party.

PEACE!

Last edited by Rim05; 11-01-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim55 View Post
I hope you never utter that filthy implication in my presence.
What are you going to do, Tim, punch a female senior citizen? Enough of the chest pounding!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:33 PM

Default Jumping to conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
What are you going to do, Tim, punch a female senior citizen? Enough of the chest pounding!
I didn't say anything about punching anybody....you did. No chest pounding here. And I still hope nobody points that filthy epithet my way. The tea bagger moniker came straight out of the progressive left, who are terrified that the Tea Partiers are becoming more credible than they are.

Rim, I think you are somewhat misinformed regarding the Tea Party folks. I would encourage you to attend one of the rallys and come up with an informed opinion. I have found the dozen or so that I have been to to be quite low key in relation to some of the anti illegal function I have been to. I flew out to Washington for the Beck gathering and it was a positive and uplifting experience. Wonderful people from all walks of life who are so worried about the direction this country is heading in that they have become active, much like the folks I have marched with at SOS functions.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim55 View Post
I didn't say anything about punching anybody....you did. No chest pounding here. And I still hope nobody points that filthy epithet my way. The tea bagger moniker came straight out of the progressive left, who are terrified that the Tea Partiers are becoming more credible than they are.

Rim, I think you are somewhat misinformed regarding the Tea Party folks. I would encourage you to attend one of the rallys and come up with an informed opinion. I have found the dozen or so that I have been to to be quite low key in relation to some of the anti illegal function I have been to. I flew out to Washington for the Beck gathering and it was a positive and uplifting experience. Wonderful people from all walks of life who are so worried about the direction this country is heading in that they have become active, much like the folks I have marched with at SOS functions.
That was my impression of the Beck Rally as well. Really great people WHO WERE MOTIVATED TO GO THERE ON THEIR OWN DIME. I watched TV coverage of the Black "counter rally" on August 28 and one of the speakers said that labor unions bussed in the people for the 1963 March on Washington. Most of the left's great massive demonstrations are organized and funded by their mega organizations, billionaires and labor unions. When several hundred thousand real Americans finally get sufficiently motivated to exercise some independent thinking skills, to turn off the TV and get up off their couches there is reason for hope.