Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2013, 07:35 AM

Default Syria, Obama, and Congress

This is my own opinion, and not that of any others at Save Our State, nor has this opinion been sanctioned by Save Our State. I am voicing my frustration and disgust concerning our lack of leadership in Washington, this is not an attempt to sway anyone politically or suggest how anyone should vote.

I sent this communication to my elected representatives this morning:

Quote:
Stay out of and away from Syria.

While Assad was killing over 100,000 Syrians with conventional weapons Obama postured and waffled with "red lines" and such while confusing hollow campaign rhetoric with a lucid, clearly articulated, well thought out foreign policy. After two years or so of this, Assad rolls out some chemical weapons and kills a minute fraction more.

Then Obama decides he needs to do something about his negligible credibility and declares that Assad will have to pay for his misdeeds and that there will be a strike on Syria. However, he gets to thinking after he's opened his mouth and tries to rope Congress in on it so he'll have someone to blame if it blows up in his face (Contrary to all the perpetual executive order end runs around and otherwise continual snubbing of Congress. Obama consulted the United Nations rather than Congress concerning Libya.). When Congress shows little interest in going along, particularly when no real operative plan is articulated and the scale of intervention is muddled, Obama next blathers "it's the world's red line" when "the world" clearly wants no part of it.

Subsequently, Putin pinned Obama to the mat with the "international" angle Obama so dearly loves to babble about, and mouthpiece Kerry is still blathering about chemical weapons and the need to strike while his "winging it" boss is two years too late to productively address the problem of Syria. It is now a no win situation no matter if anything, everything or nothing at all is done.

"Community organizer" Obama is an incompetent, prevaricating president who surrounds himself with incompetent, prevaricating sycophants. This President is an embarrassment to my country and I can't wait for the next election cycle.

Stay out of and away from Syria.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.