Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Phil most of those graduating from high school these days can't do the math, literally can't do the math. So politicians can pull out any numbers they want and most wouldn't know the difference.
Either that or the politicians think that if people knew what the real number was they would be demanding action NOW.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 07-05-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil
Quadrupled? That would only be 12 million. Why do politicians and the media always low-ball the real number?

Phil most of those graduating from high school these days can't do the math, literally can't do the math. So politicians can pull out any numbers they want and most wouldn't know the difference.
There could be 50 million. Are you still believing that 11 million song and dance?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
There could be 50 million. Are you still believing that 11 million song and dance?
50 million would be a bit high. That would mean one in six people in this country is an illegal. This is the number I trust: http://www.immigrationcounters.com/

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 07-06-2011, 06:58 AM
SOS Associate

The reason the government keeps spouting that number is that it is probably close to accurate given that many of the illegals from years prior have been given legal status, ie amnesty. Maybe not citizenship, but legal status to work. I've been harping about this since my early days at SOS, and I know people don't want to hear it, but it's true. They are, and have been legalizing a big portion of the illegal entrants every year, but we have new ones that take their place. Now if you added the amnestied ones into the numbers since 2003 or 2004, you'd probably have 20 to 25 million illegals. I think RIM's estiate would be accurate if you added the sum of the illegals + the amnestied over 6 years + the generous work visas the government doles out + the tourist and other non work visas that work anyway or do not.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
The reason the government keeps spouting that number is that it is probably close to accurate given that many of the illegals from years prior have been given legal status, ie amnesty. Maybe not citizenship, but legal status to work. I've been harping about this since my early days at SOS, and I know people don't want to hear it, but it's true. They are, and have been legalizing a big portion of the illegal entrants every year, but we have new ones that take their place. Now if you added the amnestied ones into the numbers since 2003 or 2004, you'd probably have 20 to 25 million illegals. I think RIM's estiate would be accurate if you added the sum of the illegals + the amnestied over 6 years + the generous work visas the government doles out + the tourist and other non work visas that work anyway or do not.
Interesting. How are those illegals who get amnesty or legal status able to do so?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Old 07-06-2011, 07:56 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Interesting. How are those illegals who get amnesty or legal status able to do so?
The government just does it. I've relayed personally known cases in regards to that....my former employees...their relatives....some of their friends....they all got legal status despite illegal entry
Old 07-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
The government just does it. I've relayed personally known cases in regards to that....my former employees...their relatives....some of their friends....they all got legal status despite illegal entry
Don't they at least have to apply for it?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Old 07-06-2011, 08:39 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Don't they at least have to apply for it?
At the time they were discovered to have been living and working here illegally, they did. some did after that. The point being, amnesty is already a reality and has been for years.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:56 AM

Palin shot a lone wolf from a helicopter, I could never vote for her just for that reason! And the whole "Going Rouge!" is kinda hokie too! But the lone wolf killed it for me!

Michelle Bachmann raised 5 kids of her own and 28 foster kids! She can definitely multi task! She's a tax attorney so she can stop all these tax exempt organizations from receiving federal and state funds. And she may have done a couple of stupid things, but come on our President now and many in the past are complete dumbasses! She has a B- at numbersUSA and I believe with your help we can bring her grade up!

I'd really like Herman Cain to win, for my own selfish reasons! Ron Paul is a good man he just lost me when he said "It's impossible to deport 12million illegal immigrants!" (jaw drop) it's not impossible! It's as easy to deport as it is easy for them to get in here!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
At the time they were discovered to have been living and working here illegally, they did. some did after that. The point being, amnesty is already a reality and has been for years.
No wonder they keep coming if they have so little to lose. I had no idea.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!