Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-25-2012, 07:28 AM

Default Hispanics are frustrated with President Obama

Whether or not anyone agrees with Ruben Navarrette will be beside the point, there is plenty to think about here.

Quote:
Hispanics are frustrated with President Obama

By Ruben Navarrette

03/25/2012

SAN DIEGO — In the run-up to the 2012 presidential election, many Hispanics are talking about voting for the lesser of two evils. The hard part is figuring out the lesser evil.

African-Americans aren't facing the same dilemma, and yet many of those on the far left are also disappointed in President Obama. While most black voters approve of his job performance, there is also frustration that he hasn't been more attentive to issues such as the lack of economic development in African-American communities, high unemployment among black youth, and a school system that fails children right from the start.

Having already been criticized by prominent figures such as PBS host Tavis Smiley and Princeton University professor Cornel West, Obama has now earned the scorn of the progressive website Black Agenda Report. Executive Editor Glen Ford recently said this at a public forum:

"Let me say from the very beginning that we at Black Agenda Report do not think that Barack Obama is the Lesser Evil. He is the more Effective Evil. He has been more effective in Evil-Doing than Bush in terms of protecting the citadels of corporate power, and advancing the imperial agenda. He has put both Wall Street and U.S. imperial power on new and more aggressive tracks — just as he hired himself out to do. ...

"The prevailing assumption on the Left is that Obama has good intentions. He intends to the Right Thing — or, at least, he intends to do better than the Republicans intend to do. It's all supposed to be about intentions. Let's be clear: There is absolutely no factual basis to believe he intends to do anything other than the same thing he has already done, whether Democrats control Congress or not, which is to serve Wall Street's most fundamental interests. But, the whole idea of debating Obama's intentions is ridiculous. It's psycho-babble, not analysis. No real Left would engage in it."

I'll co-sign that. It's the same way in the Latino community, where the president's defenders are pushing three arguments: Obama's intentions toward Latinos are purer than those of Republicans; Obama only drifted to the right and became a hard-liner on immigration because Republicans in Congress pressured him; and Latinos have no choice but to vote for Obama because the Republican alternatives would be so much worse.

It's a pathetic place for Latinos to have arrived after giving a majority of their votes to the Democratic candidate for president in 13 straight elections starting in 1960. Do you suppose that, back during the campaign to elect John Kennedy, young Latino volunteers told one another: "One day, many years from now, after we have given the majority of our support to Democrats in this election and a dozen more, we'll get to the point where we choose between the lesser of two evils?"

When I made that observation to one of Obama's Latino supporters recently, he just shrugged and said: "It's not good. But that's how it is."

As far as Latinos are concerned, both political parties have behaved reprehensibly. The nicest thing you can say is that they don't care one way or another about what Latinos want or need. The worst thing is that they either ingratiate themselves with voters in the mainstream by bashing us (as Republicans do) or look the other way at moments of crisis to avoid angering voters in the mainstream (as Democrats do). So both parties are pandering to the same voters. And they're not Latino.

Sadly, neither Obama nor Mitt Romney is giving Latinos the one thing they hunger for most: respect.

Romney slaps Latinos on one cheek by touting endorsements by individuals who are despised in the Latino community such as Kris Kobach, the author of the Arizona immigration law that amounts to racial profiling, and former California Gov. Pete Wilson, who in 1994 exploited anti-immigrant anxiety and anti-Latino bigotry to get re-elected. Then Obama comes along and slaps Latinos on the other cheek by breaking his promise to fix the immigration system and shattering scores of Latino families by deporting more than 1.2 million people, and then having the audacity to lie about both.

For a group that is often talked about in the media as an important group of swing voters with the power to decide elections, Latinos find themselves with a choice between terrible and dreadful.

If this is what power feels like, you can have it.

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci...resident-obama
In the 60's after having pushed for Kennedy's successful election (Kennedy youth?), Jose Angel Gutierrez described America's two party system as a two headed goat which fed from the same same trough and pandered to Hispanics for votes (Example: Jackie Kennedy's televised Spanish language political ad) and ignored Hispanics after the election. That led him to found the long defunct third party La Raza Unida, which was wildly successful in Zavala County - Texas, that is until human nature within the party and lawsuits from without brought it down.

Gutierrez was and is a politically shrewd brown racist, much of the brown racist methods for takeover of all levels of government, civil service, schools, judicial system and law enforcement by using the system came from his Zavala county Cristal "experiment".

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-25-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Gutierrez was and is a politically shrewd brown racist, much of the brown racist methods for takeover of all levels of government, civil service, schools, judicial system and law enforcement by using the system came from his Zavala county Cristal "experiment".
The same manipulators have been giving the Gutierrez's enough rope to hang themselves are at the core of our immigration problem.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:33 PM

Do you notice more and more that they're starting to eat each other? They're running out of groups they can turn to to blame. Having set themselves up with what they thought would be their "god" that would put them on the top rung of the ladder to the promised land, they're now having to face the truth.

The foundation of this country was not so important in their minds. Well it doesn't take a genius to know the foundation is the most important aspect of any endeavor. Our foundation is our citizens, standing together. Now they're paying the price for dividing us into racial segments. California is really paying and suffering. Yet they've pushed this agenda for so many years it's hard for the progressives to admit the consequences of their actions, especially what they've done to our education system.

Navarrette is a race baiter through and through. The whole premise of this article is that the Blacks, and Hispanics aren't being pandered to enough. Does is mention anything about what all of our citizens need? Does it mention what our country needs? Not a word, only what those divided segments aren't getting and how they're victims for not receiving what they feel entitled to.

Now the goal here is to make someone feel guilty for those groups not getting what they demand. Do you feel guilty enough? After all, it's your fault isn't it? I know I'm holding them back. I have to be. I'm not one of them so it must be me. Am I right? Please, tell me, who it is so I can point these groups in the right direction. Better yet, I'll just watch as they start to eat each other.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:51 PM

Great point Jean.

The Hispanic race hustlers have a lot to be disappointed by. Obama and Pelosi and Reid could have passed a full amnesty in 09 and 2010, and nobody could have stopped them. They didn't though.

The Mexicans in the America were lied too and used, and a lot of them know it. They are lied too and used by the Republicans too. All I can say to them is welcome to America!

The Left thought that Obama was the Athiest version of the second coming of Christ and have now discovered that he is really Bush lite.

Ha! Ha! I know quite a few Liberals who are genuinely very disappointed in Obama. It would be even funnier to me except I know how disappointment feels, like when you are a Republican and your Republican President and leaders betray you and try to pass an amnesty... You know what I am talking about. ( Bush and Mc Cain).

As for Naverette. He is a White guy, trying to make money as a brown race hustler.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post

The Mexicans in the America were lied too and used, and a lot of them know it. They are lied too and used by the Republicans too. All I can say to them is welcome to America!
Illegals are the most used group people in the US:

They are pandered to as future voters by the Democrat party, who are looking for a political majority for an agenda they can't achieve with mainstream America.

Despite all the noise, The Republican party hasn't moved to compel deportation because they desire a non voting slave class - which has bitten them hard on the ass in Catch -22 fashion (children of illegals who are natural born American citizens and old enough to vote).

American brown supremacists want their children for demographic change and to be "educated" in co-opted schools dispensing brown racist propaganda.

Churches, foremost the Catholic Church, seek to fill the collection plate in the midst of declining membership and acquire sufficient bodies to meddle in political affairs.

They are used by business to beat down wages and legally mandated working conditions.

Foreign governments, most notably the Mexican government, seek national income through remittances rather than trade and use emigration as a social safety valve as well as to distract public attention from real governmental reform.

Quote:
As for Naverette. He is a White guy, trying to make money as a brown race hustler.
Navarette isn't a white poser. He does make money on his commentary, which - whether I agree with him or not - I believe he is sincere about.

He throws barbs at the hard core "Chicano" bunch from time to time for their nuttiness and hypocrisy, and they assail him in turn as not being "brown enough" in his published views - I don't believe there is a lot of "like" between them. He recently did a piece which was mostly about "I'm more authentic than you" Latinos (posing), something he said he had participated in during his college years http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/feb/...other/?print=1.

Behind the rhetoric he does come up with some valid, truthful points, which get lost in the rant. I think he is far more concerned with the notion of white discrimination and white hypocrisy rather than an amnesty for illegals, but that again gets lost in the rant. I also think he does try to be fair in his criticisms, but his own bias as well as reader bias (interpretation of commentary from all sides of the issues) often defeats the effort.

I'm ambivalent about Navarette. His rants will piss me off, then he comes up with something I can like him for, in turn the rant begins anew.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-31-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:55 PM

I still think Navarette is a White guy earning a living as a Brown race hustler.

I don't think there is much more to him than that.