Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Forum Rules, Functions, and Performance Section > Forum Rules Help and Answers

Forum Rules Help and Answers Ask questions about rules - Propose Rules and changes

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Continent Thief

Here's one:

Instead of copying and pasting an entire article which is inordinately long and/or contains a lot of internal links and embedded symbols, please just post the link to the article and/or copy and paste a part of it such that it doesn't take up a lot of space on the board. That way the article gets the attention the poster desires and allows everyone else to link to it if they want to read it themselves. It's kind of annoying to see a lot of long articles on the board. Another thing is if you find there is a lot of that embedding and highlighted garbage that shows up with the copy and paste, please take a minute or so to clean it up so it looks readable. It's really not that hard. A certain person who can not be named used to be notorious for not doing this, especially with those World Net Daily articles.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 11-02-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:26 PM

I don't like links so much except as proof of where something came from.

Too many times I have seen a premise based on a way out of context quote from a link; a link that goes to a homepage of an alleged source rather than to the exact page with the quote, if the quote really exists; and flat out bullshit from someone who is apparently hoping the reader will take his word rather than look up the link.

If I don't know who it is, I tend to disregard both the link and the messenger. I've wasted way too much time following links only to find that they don't go anywhere but to another link, no substantive information, nothing for discussion.

I've had no problem skimming through a post, and if it isn't worth my time, scrolling down to the next message or to the next page.

It's like texting, I don't get texting. Why text when I can call? And I hate those closing time a-holes who inadvertently punch in the the wrong phone number, and wake me up with some alcohol fueled attempt at incomprehensible cleverness, a lame after party attempt to hook up with someone who wasn't there to reject the texter, a bid to purchase or sell drugs, - or maybe all three.

Yeah, I rambled. But that's how I feel.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I don't like links so much except as proof of where something came from.

Too many times I have seen a premise based on a way out of context quote from a link; a link that goes to a homepage of an alleged source rather than to the exact page with the quote, if the quote really exists; and flat out bullshit from someone who is apparently hoping the reader will take his word rather than look up the link.

If I don't know who it is, I tend to disregard both the link and the messenger. I've wasted way too much time following links only to find that they don't go anywhere but to another link, no substantive information, nothing for discussion.

I've had no problem skimming through a post, and if it isn't worth my time, scrolling down to the next message or to the next page.

It's like texting, I don't get texting. Why text when I can call? And I hate those closing time a-holes who inadvertently punch in the the wrong phone number, and wake me up with some alcohol fueled attempt at incomprehensible cleverness, a lame after party attempt to hook up with someone who wasn't there to reject the texter, a bid to purchase or sell drugs, - or maybe all three.

Yeah, I rambled. But that's how I feel.
I agree. Often the link doesn't work, especially if a great deal of time has passed.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Administrator

I guess you all missed this post then?

http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=158
Old 11-10-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I had a post put together, then lost it.

I don't have a lot of time or patience at the moment to redo it (tired, cranky, have a chore), will pontificate on the subject another time.

It's basically a "for what it's worth".
Many times I wrote replies only to click Submit and get the message that my login timed out and have to start from scratch. So if it takes longer than a few minutes, I used a text editor first.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Ten richest billionaires in the world http://theworldsbillionaires2.tk/ SECRET RICH BILLIONAIRE http://secretmakeymoney.tk/
You are an i**** times about 49 Posts.

Last edited by Rim05; 09-05-2010 at 01:02 PM.