Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-14-2010, 02:11 PM

This just e-mailed to me.

According to the Secretary of State and FPPC, she meets ALL requirements.

Please, do not forward false information, as libel is still grounds for litigation today, even amongst certain individuals running for office. Malicious intent is all that is needed in many circumstances.

Please visit the Secretary of State website to learn further requirements necessary to run for statewide political office.

www.sos.ca.gov

Thank you.

Respectfully yours,

John M. Baldwin

Campaign Manager

Chelene Nightingale for

Governor 2010
Old 01-14-2010, 03:05 PM

Libel? Excuse me?

The act of libel, according to the law, has to be in written or visual form such as an article or photograph and has to somehow damage the reputation of a person or business in some way where the courts are the natural place to resolve the claims.

I don't see anything defamatory yet. Not even saying that for some reason Chelene failed to qualify for the ballot is defamatory! Her reputation isn't harmed at all.

Since Chelene Nightengale voluntarily injected herself into the public arena, she is now a public figure with a much higher threshold to reach libel. I would say everything so far has been "fair comment".

If what's happened so far has gotten irritating Chelene has proved herself to be nothing more than a political lightweight who can't take it.

As a comparison.

Try what's been said about Arnold Schwarzeneggar, Sarah Palin, George Bush and any number of others. Get out the Truth Squads! It's gonna be a bumpy ride for someone.

Last edited by Kathy63; 01-14-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:06 PM

Default Rec'd Via Email

Rec'd Via Email

Hi,
here's a laugh and John Baldwin's photo too.
I had to share this because Mr. Baldwin credentials are laughable.
He's not out of college yet. 2010 ???
Enjoy the ride...PLEASE be sitting down when reading this...
I guess Chelene loves her very young campaign managers...LOL

-
FROM HIS FACEBOOK PAGE....John Baldwin
Basic Information
Sex: Male
Birthday: July 16, 1981
Looking For: Networking
Political Views:Constitution Party
Contact Information Website: http://www.nightingaleforgovernor.com
Education and Work College: CSU San Bernardino '10 BS,
Political Science, Public Administration
High School: Jefferson High School '00

Employer: Chelene Nightingale for CA Governor 2010
Position: Campaign Manager
Time Period: August 2009 - Present
Description: CAMPAIGN MANAGER:
- Coordinate daily operations.
- Manage campaign funds.
- Secure key endorsements.
- Responsible for seeking advertising and campaign materials.
- Fulfill candidate/campaign requests.
- Work closely with candidate.
- Help oversee campaign team.

Vounteer Coordinator:
- Generate multiple networks of volunteers that assist this organization with respects to running a versatile and comprehensive campaign effort.
- Track and maintain numerous support contacts utilizing Microsoft Outlook and various Windows/OS operating software.
- Implement and coordinate volunteer activities with respects to campaign events.
- Identify and support areas that enhance further growth of volunteer recruitment.
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:44 PM
Subject: Fw: Chelene Nightingale

I cannot concur with your legal decision.
Are you licensed to practice law?
BTW...what was the decision with KING v. ROBINSON, Case Number FSC033119, in the Superior Court of California, County of Solano? I know it effects the AIP in 2010 election and Ms. Nightengale.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:14 PM

You guys are just too good.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:20 PM
"SZinWestLA"

I don't think I've ever seen anyone as quite as needy of attention as Chelene Nightingale.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 01-14-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:29 AM
SOS Associate

Default AIP Committee Votes To Exclude Non Party Members From Primary

This is going to be interesting:

http://www.ballot-access.org/2010/01...aip-primaries/

Quote:
On January 13, the state central committee of the American Independent Party (Keyes faction) held a conference call meeting, and voted overwhelmingly to tell the California Secretary of State that the party no longer wishes independents to vote in its primaries for public office. Attendance was 27 people. California election law lets each party decide for itself whether to let independents vote in its primaries for public office. The AIP had been the only ballot-qualified party, other than the Democratic and Republican Parties, to let independents vote in any of its primaries for public office.
The commentary below is also interesting
Old 01-15-2010, 07:24 AM

Yes, I read some of the commentary and I see once again the passion pointlessly associated with the primaries. If the AIP wants the independents to get excited about their political party, without actually asking them to join their party, the primaries are not the place to do it.

Once again, let us be reminded, the primaries are not to elect the governor, they are to elect the candidate within the various political parties that the various parties wish to see on the ballot this November. This confusion is utterly pointless. If we could get rid of the primaries, the parties could easily take care of the problems themselves. The idea of letting people outside of some party take a role in electing their candidate would naturally be seen as what it is: Absurd.

Get rid of the primaries, we don't need them and they only add confusion to the political process. It is none of any government's business -- city, state or federal -- what your political party is. Keeping track of the political party of voters ought to be declared unconstitutional and removed from practice nation wide.

Last edited by Twoller; 01-15-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:44 PM
SOS Associate

From the California Secretary of State:

Quote:
* American Independent Party Affiliated with America's Independent Party *

* * State Chairman: Markham G. Robinson State Vice Chairman: Mark J. Seidenberg State Headquarters 476 Deodara St., Vacaville CA 95688 707-359-4884 mark@masterplanner.com State Committee I.D.# 742371 To: Elections Division Date: January 19,2010 from: State Chainnan of the American Independent Party, Markham Robinson Re: Decline to State (DTS) Letter

Dear Secretary of State Debra Bowen, In compliance with Senate Bill 28, I, the Chairman of the American Independent Party, Markham Robinson, do hereby certify that the State Central Committee of the American Independent Party voted on January 13,2010 to not allow Decline to State Voters to do any of the following:
1. Vote for American Independent Party candidates in any Primary Election;
2. Vote for American Independent Party County Central Committee candidates in any Primary Election;
3. Vote for Delegates to any American Independent Party Convention;
4. Vole for Electors for President or Vice President (usually called Electoral College electors) or Presidential Nominating Committee candidates;
5. Sign or circulate any petition for Signatures in Lieu for American Independent Party candidates;
6. Sign or circulate any nominating petitions for American Independent Party candidates;
All references to voting above apply equally to Absent Voters as well as to those appearing at polling places to vote. In summary the American Independent Party chooses to prohibit any non-American Independent Party voter from participating in the above activities. In common parlance we choose to Close our Primary and other specifically American Independent functions listed above to any but American Independent Party voters. We hereby Close to the participation of any voter who is not registered an American Independent any function previously open to Decline to State voters. Under penalty of perjury I solemnly affirm, certify and swear to the truth of all the foregoing. Markham Robinson, Chairman of the American Independent Party State Central Committee Executed in Vacaville California in Solano County on: Dale: J ~41, '"l.-tlt 0
Old 01-26-2010, 06:44 AM

Closing the primary to anyone but party members is a very wise move!

Good for him.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:51 AM

Why not opt out of the primaries altogether and run the election internally? Why does the state government have to run the primary for the Independent Party or any party at all?