Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Candidates 2010

Candidates 2010 Topics and information relating to the Candidates in the 2010 elections.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Default Jerry Brown

Here's an opportunity to flesh out any issues with Brown's candidacy. Brown is the only one in the race for Governor that has held office before, So there should be lots of historical references following him. How does his history stack up against his promises in the past? What are his current platforms? Can he be trusted? Has he previously been a rubber stamp for the democrats? That's a big consideration these days. How would a brown win affect Save Our State faithful?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:17 PM
I Love Refried

If it's Brown, flush it!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:27 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner View Post
If it's Brown, flush it!
So what do you remember about Brown?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 PM
I Love Refried

Which one, Jerry or his father? JB is responsible for the unionization of state government workers. Need I say more? Or should I mention Rose Bird? JB is actually a master at taking a populist position, and then subverting that position behind the scenes. JB was opposed to the death penalty, but said he would follow the will of the people. He then appointed Rose Bird and snuffed out the death penalty. At least JB is pro Second Amendment.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:40 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Which one, Jerry or his father? JB is responsible for the unionization of state government workers. Need I say more? Or should I mention Rose Bird? JB is actually a master at taking a populist position, and then subverting that position behind the scenes. JB was opposed to the death penalty, but said he would follow the will of the people. He then appointed Rose Bird and snuffed out the death penalty. At least JB is pro Second Amendment.
He could do the same to the second amendment, eh?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:50 PM
I Love Refried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
He could do the same to the second amendment, eh?
Doubtful. As Attorney General he was very supportive of the Second Amendment. He wrote supporting briefs in the Heller and McDonald cases before the Supreme Court, and supported an individuals right to keep and bear arms. JB was also instrumental in putting a muzzle on the DOJ Bureau of Firearms, and essentially reduce the BOF to a shell of what it was prior to his tenure as AG.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:07 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Doubtful. As Attorney General he was very supportive of the Second Amendment. He wrote supporting briefs in the Heller and McDonald cases before the Supreme Court, and supported an individuals right to keep and bear arms. JB was also instrumental in putting a muzzle on the DOJ Bureau of Firearms, and essentially reduce the BOF to a shell of what it was prior to his tenure as AG.
And how would you explain his logic when his general bent is so liberal
Old 10-02-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
You are absolutely right. He is a master at taking a public opinion and subverrting it behind the scenes, which is what he did with second amendment issues.

http://www.examiner.com/la-in-los-an...ts-test-ab1934

When Rose Bird was unceremoniously dumped Brown said that it wasn't because of her extreme anti death penalty views, it was because business interests campaigned against her. Jerry Brown like many other democrats feel that the state is benefitted by every company that leaves the state. It's his job to force them out.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:00 PM

Default Jerry Brown

Jerry Brown is "shovel ready."

I remember before prop 13, during Jerry Brown, my parents and their friends were afraid to improve their property because of you pulled a permit, they would reassess your property and raise your taxes.

I remember little old ladies in Watts getting evicted from homes they had paid off because they could not pay the property taxes.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:05 PM

Default today on kfi

They brought up Brown's stance on mammograms from the 90's. He thought they were not useful enough since there were so many false positives. The sound bite was from a William F Buckley show called "Firing Line." He promptly dismissed the breast cancer survivors present with his usual snarky attitude. I think he probably still feels the same, and that his snarky attitude has matured along with his hair color (and his eyebrows); especially since the health care reform being shoved down our throats agrees with this view. Obama has mentioned that mammograms were no longer very relevent for women in their 40's anymore due to the same false postive predictors. This is just a money saving scheme in my opinion.

They also mentioned that it was Brown's wife that called Meg a w****. Now, were is Gloria Allred when you need her, or the NWO, for that matter???

BTW, I always thought that Brown was homosexual - news of a wife was, well, actually, news to me today. LOL

Last edited by ohighlass; 10-11-2010 at 06:18 PM.