Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-23-2010, 06:32 AM
SOS Associate

Default Criminalizing Illegal Hiring Initiative Cleared For Signatures

I don't know what has taken so long for the secretary of state to add this to the RSS, but I finally got it today. I know we've all read about this elsewhere, but I like to obtain our information from the source:

Quote:
1476. (10-0023)

Makes It a Crime for Undocumented Persons to Seek Work While Concealing Their Immigration Status and Also Makes It a Crime for Any Employer to Hire an Undocumented Person Intentionally or Negligently. Initiative Statute.

Summary Date: 11/22/10 | Circulation Deadline: 04/21/11 | Signatures Required: 433,971

Proponent: Michael Erickson Erickson@reagan.com

Requires all highway patrol, police, sheriffs and other sworn officers to investigate immigration status when they are reasonably suspicious that a person stopped is in the country illegally. Authorizes legal residents to sue any official or agency that adopts or implements policies that limit immigration enforcement, and specifies a $5,000 per day fine and attorneys' fees for violations. Summary of estimate by Legislative Analyst and Director of Finance of fiscal impact on state and local government: Potentially significant cost savings in services provided to undocumented immigrants by state and local governments and reductions in state and local revenue to the extent this measure reduces the number of undocumented immigrants in the state. The net impact of this factor is unknown. Increased costs to the state and local criminal justice system, potentially exceeding tens of millions of dollars annually, from the arrest, prosecution, and detention of violators of the provisions of the measure. (10-0023.) (Full Text)
http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/ball...irculation.htm