Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-11-2011, 06:44 AM
SOS Associate

Default Another Candidate With Nightingale Syndrome

Found these on IPN website, and couldn't help but notice the similarities between her and Nightingale:

Quote:
ORLANDO – One of the first things that Peg Dunmire thought of when she heard about the tragic shootings in Tucson, Arizona that critically injured a local congresswoman was the final day of her own campaign for Congress last November. On that single day, Dunmire and her staff and supporters watched uncomfortably as four men followed them from one event to the next.

It was election day, and Dunmire — the Florida Tea Party’s candidate for the state’s 8th Congressional District — had posted her campaign schedule on her Web site that morning.

As she and her staff traveled from one event to the next, they noticed the same four men following her everywhere they went.

“They got my schedule because I had released it that morning, where I was going to be on Election Day,” Dunmire said. “They went to all my events.”

Finally, the staff got nervous enough that they contacted police. An officer approached one of the men to find out why he was following the candidate.

“You know what they said?” Dunmire recalled. “They said, ‘Because she’s not a legitimate candidate.’ I think elections decide that.”

Saturday’s shooting of Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and others at a supermarket parking lot in Tucson has set off a national debate about anger, violence and heated political rhetoric in American politics.

It’s not yet clear if the man arrested for the shooting, Jared Lee Loughner, had any clear political motive, but the case has put a spotlight on the issue of inflammatory political language, and spurred a number of lawmakers to question how they can protect themselves at public events — with a few promising they’ll carry weapons themselves from now on.

Another lawmaker, U.S. Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y., announced she would introduce legislation aimed at banning the high-capacity ammunition clip used by the gunman in the Tucson shootings. McCarthy won a seat in Congress in 1996, three years after her husband was shot and killed, and her son seriously injured, during a shooting on a Long Island commuter train.

Dunmire, the chairman of the Florida Tea Party, said she understands how ugly campaign speech can get, noting that the stalkers who followed her on election day were symptomatic of anyone who disagreed with her views or platform, and responded as if her candidacy posed a threat.

“I ended up being subjected to the rhetoric of hate,” Dunmire said. “It happened to me here. We need to understand this hostility is pervasive.”

Quote:
A press release sent to contact.ipr@gmail.com:

Florida TEA Party Chairman Denounces Shooting.

Decries ’politics’ of hate.’

Florida Tea Party Chairman Peg Dunmire denounced the shooting of United States Congresswoman Giffords and eighteen (18) other individuals in which six were killed, including a nine-year old girl today in Arizona.

“The ‘politics of hate’ that was so prevalent this past election cycle must be stopped,” stated Dunmire. “We have seen it from many sources including the left and the right. It is unfortunate that many of the newer members of the tea party movement, that always talk about not having any organized leadership, may have indirectly influenced this deranged individual to take this action today. The attack on Congresswoman Giffords was a direct assault on the Constitution and the Republic,” Dunmire stated.

“Even here in Florida we have seen self-proclaimed ‘tea party leaders’ like Everett Wilkinson become violent in public settings when he disrupted a news conference with Governor Rick Scott during the campaign. Antics like that give rise to more violence and should be removed from the body politic,” Dunmire stated.

“I and many other leaders of the TEA Party have been subjected to the same types of written email threats and hate mail that were sent to Congresswoman Giffords recently and it’s a truly frightening experience,” Dunmire concluded.

Peg Dunmire is Chairman of the TEA Party of Florida. (www.FloridaTEAParty.US)

Filed Under: Right-wing minor parties
Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 AM

You know what it looks like? It looks like the "Tea Party" is becoming Republicanized. But this is not shocking, basically it is a Republican front engineered to corral Republicans leaving the party. Remember, the "Tea Party" is not yet a formal political party and, as far as I know, has not filed to be on the parasite primary election system like a "real" political party.