Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-27-2011, 02:27 PM

Default Back door amnesty is here

All it takes is for Emperor Bones, King of the United States to order the law be ignored.

Homeland Security officials misled the public and Congress last year in an effort to downplay a wave of immigration case dismissals in Houston and other cities amid accusations that they had created a "back-door amnesty," newly released records show

A string of emails shows the dismissals had the blessings of top attorneys at ICE headquarters in Washington, D.C., last summer and that other ICE legal offices across the country were encouraged to consider measures to better use the agency's limited resources to target dangerous criminals.
The records also document for the first time that the agency quietly rescinded the Houston memo on Aug. 25 — the day the Houston Chronicle broke the story on the dismissals — amid allegations from conservatives that the Obama administration had created a stealth amnesty program for illegal immigrants.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...#ixzz1QWAUcTq5
Old 06-27-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
All it takes is for Emperor Bones, King of the United States to order the law be ignored.

Homeland Security officials misled the public and Congress last year in an effort to downplay a wave of immigration case dismissals in Houston and other cities amid accusations that they had created a "back-door amnesty," newly released records show

A string of emails shows the dismissals had the blessings of top attorneys at ICE headquarters in Washington, D.C., last summer and that other ICE legal offices across the country were encouraged to consider measures to better use the agency's limited resources to target dangerous criminals.
The records also document for the first time that the agency quietly rescinded the Houston memo on Aug. 25 — the day the Houston Chronicle broke the story on the dismissals — amid allegations from conservatives that the Obama administration had created a stealth amnesty program for illegal immigrants.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...#ixzz1QWAUcTq5
Kathy, I'm so pissing angry over this that I just grind my teeth before I speak of it. Yet, there is so little press or talk from activist about it, it just amazes me. Is everyone asleep?
Old 06-27-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Kathy, I'm so pissing angry over this that I just grind my teeth before I speak of it. Yet, there is so little press or talk from activist about it, it just amazes me. Is everyone asleep?
I've been aware of it for some time. It's been going on for quite a while now.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I've been aware of it for some time. It's been going on for quite a while now.
Yes it has, but it was only a few days ago that it was confirmed. The press did a little bleep, and that was it.