Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-10-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Glory View Post
Signal Newspaper: Comment Section

JuliaSimmons:
February 10, 2010 - 06:29 PM

There is an enormous difference between opposing illegal immigration, and illegal bashing.

The people confusing the issue are the illegal bashers, the xenophobic, right-wing, Minutemen, Militia, Tea Party and Save Our State, because they are racist hate groups, focused on illegal bashing.

Do they really think bringing back Jim Crow laws is going to solve anything?

Racism is too complex an issue to be dismissed with simple semantics, personal attacks or straw men.

Racism is also a social construct, with social identity instead of, or in addition to, race or ethnicity. It is about social dominance.

Much of racism is based on fear and anger, fear of change, being “invaded” by “the other” that is unfamiliar, or losing majority status, and anger at not being able to keep things they way they have always been, when they were the dominant group.

I am afraid something terrible is going to happen as a result of all the radical right-wingers bashing illegals.

Especially when an elected representative of the city officially aligns himself with hate groups, on behalf of the City of Santa Clarita and its citizens.

Thanks, Bob.
Whoever this "Julia Simmons" is : it's not the 1950's anymore like racist "Latino advocates" keep insinuating.

You can only get so many miles out of a vehicle, then it's sold for scrap.

The late 70's "racist gabacho" boogieman spiel with retro tail fins is waiting for a tow to the junkyard.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 02-10-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Whoever this "Julia Simmons" is : it's not the 1950's anymore like racist "Latino advocates" keep insinuating.

You can only get so many miles out of a vehicle, then it's sold for scrap.

The late 70's "racist gabacho" boogieman spiel with retro tail fins is waiting for a tow to the junkyard.
I'm picturing that in my mind and I start laughing.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:36 AM

McFarland spouting nonsense

By Brian Baker
Saugus
Posted: Feb. 9, 2010 6:08 p.m.
POSTED Feb. 10, 2010 4:55 a.m.

McFarland’s spouting nonsense (“Bob Kellar should step down now,” Feb. 2), as is usual from liberals.

The plain and simple fact of the matter is that most of the illegal immigrants in this country came over our southern border, so the inevitable first things out of the mouths of liberals who support amnesty are baseless and stupid allegations of racism against anyone who opposes amnesty.

Kellar simply responded by in essence saying: “You think I’m a racist? Fine. That’s your problem, not mine.”

I’ve heard the same accusations aimed at me and that’s my inevitable and essentially rote response. If someone wants to think I’m a “racist,” I couldn’t care less.

If that’s the level at which they want to address the issue, then as far as I’m concerned they can go and play in the corner by themselves, because I won’t even bother gracing the silly accusation with an answer.

Supporters of amnesty try to do this all the time, in an effort to divert the discussion into irrelevancies and non sequiturs. Frankly, it’s lost its oomph.

More importantly, it doesn’t matter whether or not those who oppose amnesty do so out of racism or not, and I have no doubt that in a country this large there surely are some people who oppose it out of racial animus.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:43 AM

Signal Comment Section:

Brian_Baker:
February 10, 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hmmmm....

I didn't use the words "illegal immigrants" when I wrote this.

I called it like it is: "Illegal ALIENS".

A bit of editorializing there, by the Signal.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:46 AM

Siganl Comment Section:

JohnnyCash:
February 10, 2010 - 12:28 PM

Are you serious, Brian?

You took the time and energy to write a LTE, then staked your reputation by including your name with it, and The Signal changes your words without notation?
That's scary, and The Signal should be ashamed.

Brian_Baker:
February 10, 2010 - 12:42 PM

What can I say, Johnny?

I guess they were "editing" it.

I actually find it kind of ironic, because the entire underlying issue is Political Correctness... and they succumbed to it!

I guess they "succumbed" me to it, too!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:48 AM

Signal Comment Section:

ryantheray:
February 10, 2010 - 02:45 PM

There will be another rally in Santa Clarita hosted by www.saveourstate.info on Feb 27th held between 11am and 1pm. The location will be Magic Mountain Pkwy and Valencia Blvd. The topic of illegal immigration will be discussed.

We need to talk about what is happening to our towns and neighborhoods as a result of illegal immigration and not be told to shut up, called racist or told it's hate speech.

Enough is enough. Let's start addressing the issue with honesty and get rid of the political correctness gag.

We won't be threatened anymore, and we won't be told to shut up.

Brian_Baker:
February 10, 2010 - 05:49 PM

Brad, Ryan, good stuff!

Ryan, thanks for that heads up on the gathering. I, for one, am going to try my best to be there.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:53 AM

Kellar is a proud American

Pat Connelly, Sergeant, LAPD (Retired)
Valencia

Posted: Feb. 9, 2010 6:11 p.m.
POSTED Feb. 10, 2010 4:55 a.m.

Bob Kellar is a proud American and proud to serve his country and community under the umbrella of our red, white and blue American flag. He has proved this many times over during his lifetime.

Councilman Kellar served honorably in the United States Army in Vietnam while “in country” carrying an M-16 rifle in harm’s way.

He repeated his patriotic duty by joining the Los Angeles Police Department, completing 30 years of service on the streets of Los Angeles.

I have known Sgt. Kellar for the past 40 years and while working with him many years on the LAPD I never ever observed him acting in racist communication with any minority contacts, on or off the job.

He was always decent, kind and respectful.