Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-29-2009, 03:15 PM

Thumbs down Boxer, Hell No!

POLLS REVEAL THAT PRO-ILLEGAL ALIEN SENATOR BOXER IS VULNERABLE IN THE 2010 ELECTION.

Senator Boxer's son, Doug Boxer, sent out a plea for the grassroots to contribute to his mother's campaign - READ BELOW.

Quote:
Dear XXXXX,
Click here to contribute

I admit it -- I'm biased:

I think my mom, Barbara Boxer, is a terrific U.S. Senator, and I couldn't be prouder of everything she's done for the people of California. Fortunately, millions of Californians agree, having elected her to three terms in the U.S. Senate.

Senator Babs Boxer: vulnerable in polls

But 2010 is shaping up to be one of my mom's toughest re-election campaigns yet.

Whether her ultimate opponent is Carly Fiorina, with her deep pockets, or Chuck DeVore, with his strong right-wing "tea party" support, we can't take anything for granted.

So I urge you to join me in supporting my mom's campaign now -- in these last 72 hours before the December 31 year-end fundraising deadline.

Please contribute $5 to Barbara Boxer's campaign today -- before Thursday's year-end fundraising deadline!

Over the last few days, as three generations of Boxers have gathered together to celebrate the holidays, I've had a chance to reflect a lot on my mom's career -- on everything she's already done, and everything she still wants to accomplish in the years ahead.

I've always known that my mom's heart is in the right place. My sister Nicole and I saw it every day when we were growing up.

She always wanted to make things better for our family and every family in our neighborhood. That's why she ran for the Marin County Board of Supervisors in the first place -- to make sure we had clean air to breathe and clean water to drink.

It's why, in the Senate, my mom wrote the first-ever federal legislation for funding afterschool programs, providing more than one million kids a safe and enriching place to go at the end of the school day.

It's why she supported President Obama's economic stimulus plan, which is protecting and creating good American jobs.

It's also why, these days, with four grandchildren of her own, my mom is especially focused on addressing the threat of global climate change to protect the health of our planet for generations to come.

We need more people like my mom in the U.S. Senate -- and we certainly need to keep her there for another six years, fighting for us, for California, and for America.

Please contribute $5 to my mom's campaign today -- before Thursday's year-end fundraising deadline!

The upcoming December 31 deadline is one of the very few opportunities between now and Election Day for the press and pundits to directly compare the strength of my mom's campaign versus her opponents -- simply by looking at the fundraising totals.

We've got to show everybody that Barbara Boxer is up for the challenge, no matter what the right-wing throws her way.

You can help send that message, right now, with a contribution of just $5 or more -- and help my mom's campaign reach its ambitious $250,000 grassroots fundraising goal before the deadline.

Please contribute now -- before the year-end fundraising deadline at midnight Thursday!

Thank you so much for standing with my mom. Our entire family is so grateful for your strong support.

Sincerely,

Doug Boxer

P.S. Remember, the 2009 year-end fundraising deadline is midnight Thursday -- less than 72 hours from now! My mom's campaign is so close to reaching its $250,000 grassroots fundraising goal -- but they need your help to make it. Please contribute now.
Click here to contribute

Last edited by admin; 12-29-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:24 PM
"SZinWestLA"

As much as it sickens me, Barbara Boxer will win in a landslide. She is in as much trouble by the candidacy of Chuck DeVore as Jerry Brown is endangered by Chelene Nightingale being on the ballot (assuming she qualifies).

California has become the primary exhibit in the case to show that Democracy is a failed experiment. Californians vote party affiliation. They hate the legislature and they'll put exactly the same folks back in office during the next election.

In large part because immigration has so heavily skewed the numbers during the past 25 years, Republicans are badly outnumbered in party affiliation/membership numbers in our state. This letter is simply an attempt to fatten the Senator's (already considerable) coffers. She'll win the next election, no question.

People won't really begin to care (if ever they will) until the state goes bankrupt.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
People won't really begin to care (if ever they will) until the state goes bankrupt.
I don't think bankruptcy is too far in the future for California.

How can anyone in Sacramento continue to delude themselves with so much writing on the wall?

It's incomprehensible. Those people have just got to be living in another universe.

I am hoping that Boxer takes a fall next election - if she wins another election it will only show that the populace of California is just as whacked out as our "representatives" in Sacramento.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-29-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:16 PM

Get rid of all of them. I'd just as soon have the grocery clerk at Stater Bros, be in office, them any of those that are in now.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Army Mom View Post
Get rid of all of them. I'd just as soon have the grocery clerk at Stater Bros, be in office, them any of those that are in now.
Any character taken from the movie Deliverance would beat the hell out of most of them for government service.

Including the ones partial to pigs.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.