Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-30-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
A good part of the suggestion that McCain would have done something different can only be affirmed by observing what McCain is doing now. Which is ... what?

Yes, this country has got to confront the reality that Islamic belief is not compatible with modern open societies where religious belief is unprotected by civil authority. But Islam is not the only system of beliefs that are a threat to modern society. Catholic belief is another and it is Catholic confrontation with attempts to put it under the spotlight that has numbed non Catholic citizens everywhere to the current situation. This is the problem in Great Britain, the Netherlands, Germany, the US and everywhere there is a traditionally non-Catholic country populated with any significant number of Catholic citizens.
I fail to see your point? Is Al Gore addressing international terrorisim, or Dan Quayle, or let's see, ANY serving senator? No. Of course not. John McCain will do absolutely nothing with respect to terrorist activity. Nor should he. It's not his place, he doesn't have the power. It isn't even appropriate. Now if McCain had gotten the same kind of CIA briefings in August that obamadinejad did and said nothing, that's different. But he didn't get those briefings. He wasn't supposed to.

I get kind of your point in comparing Catholicism with islam being equally destructive. Certainly that Catholic Church supports immigration both legal and illegal on the basis that God's church has no borders. I disagree with that, but then I'm not a Catholic and aren't supposed to agree with it to support my religion. I do not see Catholics gunning down police officers having breakfast, or shooting up a military base, or carrying bombs onto planes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

On the other hand, if we can shake off the destructive force of fear of being labeled a racist, political correctness and every other criminalization of social activity, we shake off what's foisted upon us by the Catholic Church as well.

Last edited by Kathy63; 12-30-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
I fail to see your point? Is Al Gore addressing international terrorisim, or Dan Quayle, or let's see, ANY serving senator? No. Of course not. John McCain will do absolutely nothing with respect to terrorist activity. Nor should he. It's not his place, he doesn't have the power. It isn't even appropriate. Now if McCain had gotten the same kind of CIA briefings in August that obamadinejad did and said nothing, that's different. But he didn't get those briefings. He wasn't supposed to.

McCain once presumed to have solutions to these problems, else he would not have tried to sell the rest of us he was fit for the office. Al Gore has taken up the cause of global warming (Whatever that is, and of course I don't think he knows or even cares, either.) and the attention he commands is based mostly on the momentum he built up running for president. McCain is in the senate and he has some kind of public recognition. He could say something. If he tries to run on the Republican ticket again, for anything, people are going to remember he just sat there after losing the election. If he has nothing now, it is easy to conclude that he never did. This would have been the end of his first year as president.

McCain's opinion on Obama's disinterest in terrorist threats is not the first thing I think of when I see these things happen, but you brought up the past.

I agree, we should be hunting bombers, not bombs. And we should be looking at those communities where these things are most likely to be coming from first. Like Muslims.