Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-03-2011, 05:46 PM

Teachers give a standing ovation for this speech, i guess they concur Nea may be the instructors union I believe
Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 PM
SOS Associate

Default Legislature back in session

So it's august and our illustrious failures are back in session at the capitol. Here are a rundown of bills that we might have an interest in that have committee meetings scheduled:

TUESDAY, AUGUST 23, 2011

AGRICULTURE
CANNELLA, Chair
10 a.m. — Room 113
INFORMATIONAL HEARING
SUBJECT: Invasive Pest Prevention in California

FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2011
SELECT COMMITTEE ON CALIFORNIA–MEXICO
BI–NATIONAL AFFAIRS
HUESO, Chair
1:30 p.m. — 401 B Street
Board Room, 7th Floor
San Diego
SUBJECT: Border Infrastructure and Its Effects on Commerce and the
Environment.

TUESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2011—Continued
JOINT COMMITTEE ON FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE
CHESBRO, Chair
10 a.m. — State Capitol, Room 4202
SUBJECT: Coho Salmon Informational Hearing

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2011—Continued
APPROPRIATIONS
FUENTES, Chair
9 a.m. — State Capitol, Room 4202
cont’d

S.B. No. 124 De León. Ammunition.

S.B. No. 183 Correa. Ballots: identifying information.

S.B. No. 202 Hancock. Ballot initiatives: filing fees.

S.B. No. 326 Yee. Court records: public access.

S.B. No. 356 Blakeslee. State parks: local operating agreements.

S.B. No. 369 Evans. Dungeness crab.

S.B. No. 386 Harman. State parks: proposed closures: public notice.

S.B. No. 397 Yee. Online voter registration.

S.B. No. 459 Corbett. Employment: independent contractors.

S.B. No. 460 Price. International trade marketing and promotion.

S.B. No. 490 Hancock. Death penalty

S.B. No. 505 La Malfa. Fish: licenses: trout hatcheries.

S.B. No. 533 Wright. California Global Warming Solutions Act of
2006: State Air Resources Board regulations

S.B. No. 534 Corbett. Victims of sexual assault.

S.B. No. 535 De León. California Communities Healthy Air
Revitalization Trust.

S.B. No. 549 Rubio. Eggs: assessment fees.

S.B. No. 551 DeSaulnier. State property: tidelands transfer: City of
Pittsburg

S.B. No. 600 Rubio. Public contracts: school districts: bidding
requirements

S.B. No. 610 Wright. Firearms: license to carry concealed firearm.

S.B. No. 641 Calderon. Voter registration.

S.B. No. 647 Committee on Judiciary. Civil law: omnibus bill.

S.B. No. 734 Price. High–Speed Rail Authority: small business
program: bidding preferences.

S.B. No. 757 Lieu. Discrimination.

MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2011—Continued
APPROPRIATIONS
KEHOE, Chair
10 a.m. — John L. Burton Hearing Room (4203)
(Continued)

A.B. No. 520 Ammiano. Vehicles: reckless driving: suspension of licenses

A.B. No. 618 Furutani. Court interpreters.

A.B. No. 781 John A. Pérez. Local government: counties: unincorporated
areas

A.B. No. 844 Lara. Student government: students qualifying for exemption
from nonresident tuition: California Community Colleges:
governing board membership

A.B. No. 889 Ammiano. Domestic work employees.

A.B. No. 1088 Eng. State agencies: collection of demographic data.

A.B. No. 1156 Eng. Pupils: bullying.

A.B. No. 1299 Huffman. Marine fisheries: forage species.

A.B. No. 1307 Skinner. State Board of Equalization: administration:
collections.

A.B. No. 1313 Lara. Employment: agricultural workers.

PUBLIC SAFETY
HANCOCK, Chair
10 a.m. to 12 m. — Room 3191
INFORMATIONAL HEARING
SUBJECT: Presentation on the Costs of the Death Penalty
by Hon. Arthur R. Alarcon and Prof. Paula M.
Mitchell, Esq.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:50 AM
SOS Associate

In keeping with Gil Cedillo's "No Illegals Left Behind act", two events at the state capitol this month. I hope to be there for a counter opinion. anyone wanting to join me can contact me in the usual manner
Davi@SaveOurState.info
I'm also open to smoke signals, carrier pidgeons, pony express, bike couriers, and putting my one working ear to the train tracks. Do I sound willing enough?

Quote:
Start Date: 8/26/2011 End Date: 8/26/2011

Permit#: 2011-0462 Status: Approved
Organization: Office of Assemblymember Gil Cedillo
Activity:Rally to supprot the Dream Act ( Activity Items:
AB 130 and 131.)
Setup Time: 5 :30 PM Start 6 :00 PM End 7 :00 PM
Comments:

Start Date: 8/28/2011 End Date: 8/28/2011

Permit#: 2011-0463 Status: Approved
Organization: Assemblymember Cedillo
Activity:A Rally for the CA Dream Act Activity Items:
Setup Time: 11:30 AM Start 12:00 PM End 2 :00 PM
Comments:
Old 01-03-2012, 08:59 PM
SOS Associate

I know we all wish they weren't, but the legislature is back in session again. There's lots going on, but as usual, we'll be focusing on the bills and hearings that are relevent to the SOS agenda.

I've been following this supposed crackdown on the underground economy, because I believe we can have some squeeky wheel effect there. I've applied for access, records, and news releases from the major players, and awaiting replies

Meanwhile, We'll be filtering the daily file for obnoxious bills favoring foreigners.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 PM
SOS Associate

Default Ran Into Villar Today

Passed By Antonio Villar at the capitol today,

He was coming out with his entourage as I was going in. I didn't have time for a big lecture, so I just yelled for him to go back to mexico. He ignored, but one in his group muttered something to me.

Now, I'm well aware that popular knowledge is that he was born here and is an American citizen. And as such, in the general sense, he isn't an illegal alien who should be sent back. But, in saying this, I was compelled by at least two or more reasons,

1: Villar is more sympathetic to mexico than he is to the US. He defends mexico, lobbies for mexico, sends his constituents money to mexico, protects mexico's illegally present citizens from the feds, and works as hard as he can to turn the formerly American city of Los Angeles into a city of Mexicans. Let's face it; Villar is a mexican in a US citizen's carcass.

2: Villar is a mayor of a city, and is always conducting his city's business in Mexico. He's always down there conspiring with the corrupt mexican government to give them whatever they want, or whatever they can get away with. So seeing him up here meddling in state affairs drove me to tell him to go back to mexico.

OK, so I mentioned someone else muttered something after I told him to go back to mexico.....
That person tracked me down as I was getting directions from the CHP officer who gaurds the governors door. Turns out he was Dan Morain, one of the more liberal democrat writers/editors of the Sacramento Bee. He asked me why I felt that way, and who I was, and where I was from. The latter part was meant to discover where I should "go back to", meaning where my ancestors were from. I didn't endulge him on that one, because Villar and I are worlds apart on that issue. I'm an American, and I protect and promote my fellow Americans. There is no comparison at all. No matter which country they came from, I don't choose it over the US or my fellow countrymen.
It's easy to call into question Villars loyalty. He has exhibited loyalty to mexico more often than most of the illegals he protects. You can't find a single instance of that in my history, so it's not a worthy subject.

anyway, I wanted you all to know in case something were to pop up in the news somewhere about someone telling villar where to go. this Morain guy usually has bigger fish to fry in the news, what with there being lots of liberal tax and spend bills under the dome, and today being one of them, so nothing will probably come of it.

Oh yeah...and villar was putting his two cents in on the committee hearing that took place today on an attempt by Ammiano to poke some holes in prop 13. You can guess which side of that villar would be there to testify on.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:14 AM
SOS Associate

Well, Mr Morain did write me up over this. I'm ok with it though. I've been issued a citation for "bigotry". My jury is weighing in here in the commentary section, and thus far I'd say my chances are pretty good for an aquittal, or possibly jury nullification.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/03/14/433...ly-battle.html
Old 03-14-2012, 02:44 PM

Great Job! It's too bad you were alone. They could have written more up. I'm so proud of you.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:39 AM
SOS Associate

SOS to weigh in on Human trafficking bill proposed by senate president Darryl Steinberg

SB 1193
One of our more immigrant friendly state senators and current president of the state senate, Darryl Steinberg, has a bill in the senate appropriations committee monday that would require certain businesses to display a poster that solicits for victims of human trafficking to report crimes or seek help via one of three non-profits. The bill names three anti human trafficking organizations along with their toll free numbers on the poster.

While human trafficking is a reprehensible disgusting, and illegal act, we believe that the enforcement of California laws and the reporting of those related crimes is a job for California law enforcement. If anyone's name and contact infor should be required on a poster that is required to be posted in a California business, it should be the California state attorney general, not a privately run org.

In addition, some of the orgs mentioned actually are partners, or coalitions as they describe themselves, of other organizations that actively lobby for more liberal immigration laws and less enforcement. here are a few of the dubious partners:
CHIRLA
Rural Assistance League
Catholic Immigration Network

There's actually many of these orgs, and too many to list.

In addition, many of their partnered groups have been notably encouraging illegals to not cooperate with law enforcement so as to avoid prosecution of immigration violations.

Human trafficking crimes should be separate and away from immigration lobbyists. Employers or other businesses should not be forced to post notices that support groups that might go against their political beliefs.

I'll be at this committee hearing to point this out on your behalf
Old 05-20-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
SOS to weigh in on Human trafficking bill proposed by senate president Darryl Steinberg

SB 1193
One of our more immigrant friendly state senators and current president of the state senate, Darryl Steinberg, has a bill in the senate appropriations committee monday that would require certain businesses to display a poster that solicits for victims of human trafficking to report crimes or seek help via one of three non-profits. The bill names three anti human trafficking organizations along with their toll free numbers on the poster.

While human trafficking is a reprehensible disgusting, and illegal act, we believe that the enforcement of California laws and the reporting of those related crimes is a job for California law enforcement. If anyone's name and contact infor should be required on a poster that is required to be posted in a California business, it should be the California state attorney general, not a privately run org.

In addition, some of the orgs mentioned actually are partners, or coalitions as they describe themselves, of other organizations that actively lobby for more liberal immigration laws and less enforcement. here are a few of the dubious partners:
CHIRLA
Rural Assistance League
Catholic Immigration Network

There's actually many of these orgs, and too many to list.

In addition, many of their partnered groups have been notably encouraging illegals to not cooperate with law enforcement so as to avoid prosecution of immigration violations.

Human trafficking crimes should be separate and away from immigration lobbyists. Employers or other businesses should not be forced to post notices that support groups that might go against their political beliefs.

I'll be at this committee hearing to point this out on your behalf
Thank you so much AG, you da man!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:03 PM
SOS Associate

It's immigrant day at the state capitol...again!

Let's face it though; everyday is immigrant day at the state capitol. The usual suspects were there for legalization (amnesty), as were the ethnic hustlers and hijackers. I call them hijackers because they hijack something like forced slavery and turn it into an open borders cause.

anyway, here's a few pics to bring it right to your door:

These are the voter registration squads:

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 05-21-2012 at 09:06 PM.