Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-10-2011, 08:35 PM

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see where anyone says what his father did for a living. What did he do? And arguing with the neighbors over "trivial things" deserves an explanation too.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:13 AM

I'm not interested in what the father did. These parents must be devastated and would probably love to move under a rock somewhere. He was raised by a mother and father who are married. I thought that only single families did these things? Makes me sick how that it used all the time. And this kid smoked pot? Wow, I thought that was such a harmless drug? Bull crap! Oh well, just my opinion. It will not bring back those who are dead. Why are the other ones not being mentioned. They were all important too.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Maybe I missed it, but I don't see where anyone says what his father did for a living. What did he do? And arguing with the neighbors over "trivial things" deserves an explanation too.
It doesn't matter what any of the other family members did or didn't do. There was something wrong with the guy which scared other people.

As for your second concern, there are all sorts of people to be found just about everywhere who complain and argue incessantly over things which are trivial to everyone but themselves. "Fraternal" organizations come to mind.

In any case it takes at least two to tangle.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:36 AM

Default Randy

Randy Loughner hasn't worked for years according to media reports. Apparently his wife was the bread winner in the family.

Further, the father asked Jared where he was going on the morning of the incident. Jared was leaving with a black bag. The father was mad and pursued him in the truck. Jared walked away and then took a taxi. It appears as though the father tried to stop him but he escaped.

The media and some observers seem to have a problem with understanding the weapon and the time line of shooting. It was a Glock 19 with extended clip. The Glocks can fire semi automatic which means you pull the trigger for each shot and full auto which means you simply hold the trigger depressed and the gun fires itself continuously. Here's a video of the Glock 18 on full auto. Stunning, 298 shots: *( Note the drum clip at the end )>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjUDCyDCuI

Here's the Glock shot on semi-auto. Note the poor accuracy. But still rapid fire. It's the shooter producing poor accuracy not the gun.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...eos&FORM=VIRE5

Yesterday I dropped in to our main gun, ammo, bow, hunting, fishing store and talked to the gun counter salesmen. They said it's too early to tell yet if the Giffords incident set off a run on Glock purchases but handgun sales have been really active. They normally sell out Glocks fast.

Here in my county a training session is mandatory for obtaining a gun permit. They said the instructor told them that in past years the class size was 5 or 6 people but since the Obama administration the October 2010 class size was 200 people !

Here's another good video describing the Glock, which is very popular and a best seller, and it's performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5AyXzxb4o

Last edited by wetibbe; 01-13-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:07 AM

Publicly available Glocks have to be modified to fire fully automatic, like a machine gun, and such modifications are illegal, just like it is illegal to own a machine gun. (Without a special license.) Most assault rifles that are legal to purchase were originally engineered to fire fully automatic. In order to be sold legally to the public, they must be modified so that they do not fire fully automatic.

I think we can assume that the father still had some sort of trade when he was working. I'd like to know what it was and why he wasn't employed. What was his last job and why isn't he still doing it?

I don't think that it was significant that the father interrupted his son on the way to an assassination. The son was way past being old enough to live on his own and should have been doing that. The parents should have been completely out of the picture here.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:37 AM

Default Randy

Randy Loughner was a retired truck driver, stay at home Dad, who worked on cars.

The Mother was a Pima County Parks supervisor for many years.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>

Obamas prepared remarks at the Memorial service:

But what we can't do is use this tragedy as one more occasion to turn on one another. As we discuss these issues, let each of us do so with a good dose of humility. Rather than pointing fingers or assigning blame, let us use this occasion to expand our moral imaginations, to listen to each other more carefully, to sharpen our instincts for empathy, and remind ourselves of all the ways our hopes and dreams are bound together.

Listen to eachother more carefully ???????????????????????????????????

* I think Jan Brewer would like to see that.

* I think Sheriff Paul Babeu would like to see that.

* I think Rick Perry, Texas Governor would like to see that.

* I think 75 % of the people would like to see that.

* The US Military would.

* The new congress would.

* Senior ciitzens would.

* Most doctors would.

Last edited by wetibbe; 01-13-2011 at 04:47 AM.