Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Crime and Punishment

Crime and Punishment Crimes affecting our state and communities. Manhunts, wanted posters, Arrests, and sentences.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-06-2010, 10:33 PM
As seen on TV!

Default 'It's an armed invasion'

Mendocino County residents determined to take land back from large-scale pot growers..

Looks like a few Counties/State Agencies are teaming-up without Federal assistance...a good read.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...1350?p=1&tc=pg

I thought this was a silly comment:
A governor's spokesman said he has never heard of an emergency being declared over pot.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Bunny View Post
Mendocino County residents determined to take land back from large-scale pot growers..

Looks like a few Counties/State Agencies are teaming-up without Federal assistance...a good read.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...1350?p=1&tc=pg

I thought this was a silly comment:
A governor's spokesman said he has never heard of an emergency being declared over pot.
But there is still not even the mention of the actual problem: Illegal immigration. This is where the crackdown needs to be, along with property and land use violations. The war on marijuana is what has created the grow operations. Illicit grows were started in Mendo by citizens, not illegals. Now illegals have taken the whole thing to the next level. And why wouldn't they? It is the illegals who are in charge of the trade in marijuana. If they grow it in Mexico or grow it in Mendocino, the money still moves south. And the whole process is born and regulated from Mexico through the cartels who have clearly set up shop in the US.

If we can remove marijuana from the black market, the illegals will still be in Mendocino and they will still be plying criminal enterprises to make up for the revenue they lose from the decriminalization of marijuana.

As long as we refuse to hunt down and throw out illegal immigrants, they are going to continue to cause problems like this.

But it is most important that we strike a blow against their handlers and enablers based in Mexico by voting yes on Proposition 19. Illegal immigration is a criminal enterprise that works hand in hand with organized crime based outside of the US. Take food out of their mouths by taking away their black markets and we strike a blow against illegal immigration.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:32 PM
As seen on TV!

Default Sonoma County residents root out pot gardens

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...ut-pot-gardens

One retired teacher is so angry about the dammed streams, booby-trapped trails and garbage dumped in the woods by marijuana growers that on Sunday she risked confrontation to hunt down a pot garden she suspected was on her land.

“I have a hot Italian temper,” said Carol Vellutini, 68, of Santa Rosa. “I'm furious when people dump garbage in pristine places.”

On Sunday, Vellutini led a group of friends armed with shotguns into her rugged and and remote property that spans 300 acres about 25 miles northwest of Santa Rosa...

Hmm, what I don't get is that They only plants that were 6"-8" tall, by this time of the season they should have been at least 4'-8' tall.
Something just does'nt seem right here to Me, perhaps the Growers knew that they've been spotted, and cut a few branches off some of the weaker plants, cloned 'em basically, and left this patch to be dicovered, rather than Their main crop, perhaps on an adjacent property
That would explain the size of the plant They found on Her property.
or They were really, really bad at growing...?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Bunny View Post
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...ut-pot-gardens

One retired teacher is so angry about the dammed streams, booby-trapped trails and garbage dumped in the woods by marijuana growers that on Sunday she risked confrontation to hunt down a pot garden she suspected was on her land.

“I have a hot Italian temper,” said Carol Vellutini, 68, of Santa Rosa. “I'm furious when people dump garbage in pristine places.”

On Sunday, Vellutini led a group of friends armed with shotguns into her rugged and and remote property that spans 300 acres about 25 miles northwest of Santa Rosa...

Hmm, what I don't get is that They only plants that were 6"-8" tall, by this time of the season they should have been at least 4'-8' tall.
Something just does'nt seem right here to Me, perhaps the Growers knew that they've been spotted, and cut a few branches off some of the weaker plants, cloned 'em basically, and left this patch to be dicovered, rather than Their main crop, perhaps on an adjacent property
That would explain the size of the plant They found on Her property.
or They were really, really bad at growing...?
Yes, an important way to confront these illicit grows is for property owners to keep better track of their property. This doesn't work as well for public property or wilderness areas.

There are ideal planting times for any crop, but for a plant as hardy as cannabis, any time will work
Old 08-09-2010, 08:38 AM
As seen on TV!

^Actually, for cannabis, it's very important to get 'em in the ground early so that the Grower gets alot of long days, and blue sunlight spectrum, then when the days get shorter, and the sun emits more red/yellow in it's spectrum, they start to flower/bud.
Indoor growers force the plants for the 1st month with up to 24 hrs of metal halide lights (blue/white) then force them with 12-0n/12-off with high pressure sodium lights ( red/yellow) for 2 months,.
That's how they get what's called '3 month-miracles", but 4 months is usual for maximum yield.
These Imps of plants are'nt going to be anywhere near marketable by late fall, unless that area gets unusually warm/dry weather in october/nov.
And wet weather will make a crop worthless as well, rain will ruin a crop after flowering, and fog will create "bud-rot, and powdery mildew.

To Me, it seems these were almost a "plant"...meant to be found.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:25 PM

This is an LA Times article in the 8-13 10 AA section page 3,Business Group to fight Prop 19.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3183676.story
Old 08-13-2010, 06:53 PM
As seen on TV!

Yeah, I read that a few days ago.
So much for a "drug-free workplace".
I wonder if this'll effect requirements on Folks that drive HazMat, or heavy equiptment Operators?...those rules are pretty strict.
I can see a potential Employer asking/not hiring an Applicant if They have a Dr's recommendation for cannabis.
I'd fire an Employee that was drunk on the job in an instant, pot deffinately does have an effect on a few things, dept perception is one that would make a stoned Employee lose his/Her fingers in my kitchen.
I can see alot of 'discriminatory" lawsuits over not getting hired, and also suits on job accidents, and Workers comp. on this decision.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
This is an LA Times article in the 8-13 10 AA section page 3,Business Group to fight Prop 19.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3183676.story
That's just nuts. Legalization will not mean employers will be required to let people smoke pot on the job any more than it means they have to let people drink on the job.

The current problem is that people do get high at the work place and in addition, people deal drugs at the workplace. And if you think dealing drugs at school is a problem, it is even more of a threat to the workplace. When organized crime gets a toehold into a workplace, then all kinds of criminal activity directed against the company and its property loom dramatically.

With legalization, pot smokers can come out of the closet and dope dealers will be caught in the spotlight. The pot smokers will get their pot at the 7-11, the employers will tell them they better not catch them lighting up on the job and the dope dealers will have nobody to turn to. They will have to give it up.

Medical marijuana users also have no business insisting on being able to get high on the job. Unless they can show a prescription, and none of them have a prescription, just a license, they have no cause to tell an employer that they have to get high to confront a medical problem.

But of course with legalization, "medical marijuana" will go away pretty quick.