Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Communities in Crisis

Communities in Crisis California cities, towns, and counties suffering under corruption, crime, foreign influence or economic loss

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 AM

No the landowners weren't illegals, or illegal enablers. They escaped. From the look of things, and this I cannot confirm, they are being held so that they do not talk.

It reminds me of the beginnings of what went on in Zimbabwe where the white farmers who escaped massacres were held in silence so no one knew what was going on until the whole thing exploded.

As far as I am hearing from my two Laredo sources, and these are people who actually live in Laredo. The State is acting as if this is a local law enforcement matter. It's being left to the border patrol and county sheriff to deal with as any other street crime.

I am by no means any kind of military strategist, but historically and logically, the gang now occupying two ranches near Laredo will already have or soon will make contact with American gangs IN Laredo. The next attack would be on Laredo itself from without and within. The goal would be to seize that port of entry and open a floodgate. With an absent federal government and an uncaring state government success is just about guaranteed.

The question is, these are Texans. They could very well bristle up with guns like a porquipine in which case it would be a serious war. So the question. Would state and federal officials step in at that point and if so, on which SIDE?
Old 07-25-2010, 09:06 AM
SOS Associate

I don't want to act like I am in the know or have firsthand info on this,

however from what I can tell, this story had its' origins in Jeff Schwilk. Schwilk has a history of exaggeration, fabrication, and sensationalism. Remember the 100K plus defamation suit he lost. It's a little difficult to lose a defamation suit when the claims are truthful.
Also like to point out his enemies list on his SDMM website. It's getting bigger all the time, and it reads more like it was written by a drunken reporter from the National Enquirer.
I'd consider the source first. Not sayin' that this type of scenario isn't possible or likely; Just reminding everyone to keep their feet on the ground, and not to end up getting labeled as a chicken little
Old 07-25-2010, 09:12 AM

I thought so too. Until I heard from a couple of Laredoans. Schwilk didn't come up with this story first. It was the San Diego Examiner who first broke the story.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:23 AM

I was able to dig up a bit more.

The zetas have had a ranch in Texas for quite awhile.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6432122.html

This is from the Houston Chronicle and confirmed by the FBI. Evidently, the ranches seized are contiguous to this ranch.

The FBI is advising law enforcement officers across the country that a Texas cell of Los Zetas — an increasingly powerful arm of the Mexican Gulf Cartel drug trafficking syndicate — has acquired a secluded ranch where it trains its members to “neutralize” competitors in the United States.

In order to ensure its share of the lucrative illegal drug trade, the cartel’s members reportedly are operating north of the border to collect debts and spy on competitors. They have also protected cocaine and heroin shipments that were bound for Houston, where they were repackaged and shipped on to Alabama, Delaware, Georgia and Michigan, according to the FBI.

The information, which was disseminated Monday to state, local and federal agencies, does not provide specifics, such as the location of the ranch, but includes a notation that the information came from reliable FBI contacts.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:15 AM

Default Hoax or real?

If you were in Laredo PD and you wanted to leak information would you do it to a media source who could legally protect your ID or to a "Minuteman" In San Diego?

-
Old 07-25-2010, 11:50 AM

From what I have heard from those IN Laredo, Laredo PD isn't entering into it. This is Border Patrol and County Sheriff since the area in question isn't within the City of Laredo.

In any case, the original source was the San Diego Examiner so instead of a San Diego Minuteman, it was a San Diego reporter.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:42 PM

As I thought. The zetas or associates have been there a while.

From that link,

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6432122.html

Quote:
The FBI is advising law enforcement officers across the country that a Texas cell of Los Zetas — an increasingly powerful arm of the Mexican Gulf Cartel drug trafficking syndicate — has acquired a secluded ranch where it trains its members to “neutralize” competitors in the United States.

In order to ensure its share of the lucrative illegal drug trade, the cartel’s members reportedly are operating north of the border to collect debts and spy on competitors. They have also protected cocaine and heroin shipments that were bound for Houston, where they were repackaged and shipped on to Alabama, Delaware, Georgia and Michigan, according to the FBI.

The information, which was disseminated Monday to state, local and federal agencies, does not provide specifics, such as the location of the ranch, but includes a notation that the information came from reliable FBI contacts.

Trainees are reportedly taught about home invasions, firearms and ways to run vehicles off the road in order to kidnap occupants who owe drug debts.

Lt. Dan Webb, of the Texas Department of Public Safety’s narcotics division for the Houston regional office, said Zetas do operate in Houston and other parts of Texas, but they try to limit their time on U.S. soil in order to avoid being arrested by authorities who are far less corrupt than in Mexico.

As for whether the organization has a training ranch in Texas, Webb said there have long been rumors, but he is not aware of hard evidence.

“It very well could be true, but as far as us having a location for the ranch, it is all conjecture,” said Webb, who believes it is more likely they train in Mexico than Texas. “If we had any hard evidence, we’d be all over it.”

He said a lot of drug activity by U.S. gangs, such as the Texas Syndicate or the Mexican Mafia, is mistakenly attributed to Zetas.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:32 PM

Default Hoax or real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
From what I have heard from those IN Laredo, Laredo PD isn't entering into it. This is Border Patrol and County Sheriff since the area in question isn't within the City of Laredo.

In any case, the original source was the San Diego Examiner so instead of a San Diego Minuteman, it was a San Diego reporter.
Sections of the article are word for word what was sent on an email by Jeff Schwilk.