View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 10:23 PM

I see downtown LA as a shathole with brick inlaid crosswalks: a place where vendors sell knockoffs at a fraction of the original and charge no sales tax if the purchase is made in cash.

First thing in the morning, the Garment district resembles a worn out industrial area with all the closed metal roll up doors protecting the glass fronts of businesses.

Deteriorated roads and sidewalks.

Then there is all that mountain of trash scooted towards the alleys.

More cops per square foot than any other place I have ever been.

Hordes which take ages to ssssttttrrrolllllll across the intersections without even looking for traffic (I, the pedestrian have the right of way!!!), and rude ass, insane drivers who prove there is a reason the auto insurance agencies red lined LA.

The only plus which makes it semi-worth being there while attending to an employer's affairs is all those hot women who expend much shoe leather striving all day long to fondle every single piece of cheap goods in the area.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.