View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 06:26 AM

I found a very cheap $3.50 plus shipping), used version of one of of racist ethnic studies professor Armando Navarro's books (peddling race enmity at the university must not pay all the bills - new retails around $60.00).

While I have read a first hand account in a book by Jose Angel Gutierrez of the events surrounding the take over of the school district and local governments in Zavala county in Texas during late 60's and early 70's, I was not aware of the extent to which Gutierrez assembled a get out the vote political machine for La Raza Unida.

It was much like Tammany Hall concerning organization and patronage of the poor and immigrants and was called Communidadados Unidos, United Community of which Gutierrez was the head. There is some alleged looting and embezzlement, but it would not have been on the grand scale of Tammany Hall nor even approached what my understanding is of what some of the United Farm Workers leadership did with the members dues.

Gutierrez realized that once an election had been won, the next election campaign immediately started and that the La Raza Unida party needed both a consistent cash flow in the form of contributions and consistent voter turnout for its platform.

Territory was divided into precincts with precinct captains over block leaders and volunteers under block leaders. There were sound trucks prowling neighborhoods, and radio stations played political spots.

This was funded through payroll deductions of Communidados Unidos members (presumably government and school district jobs handed out to reward political activism) along with fundraising dances and other entertainment. Communidados Unidos also campaigned for La Raza Unida by holding political and organizing fetes with free beer and food a la the Mexican PRI.

Employees of occupations controlled by the machine who were not favorable to La Raza Unida were ran off. While attention was nominally paid to all areas of the community, neighborhoods which voted La Raza Unida got first priority.

The leadership of Comunidados Unidos was comprised of elected officials, county and school administration, organizations which included the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and leaders within the community.

Saul Alinski's methods of community organizing were utilized as well as the universal racist tactic of polarizing racial consciousness.

Polarization of the races is what I mean when I say that racists need racial hatred. It is an organizing tool which invents racial grievances for propaganda purposes when the real deal isn't enough to legitimately address. The goal is to instigate regular people on both sides into hating each other so much that nothing can be worked out and only one side is going to win in an epic race battle - and racist puppeteers of that one side achieve their agenda.

The issue of the children of illegal aliens is one example of this tactic, they are tools, pawns, and propaganda fodder in a game not of their making. After all, goes the reasoning, who would be so hard hearted to throw out children who were born elsewhere but don't truly belong to their parents' country, and deportation of parents and other relatives will be long remembered in the political consciousness of children of illegal aliens from Latin America who are citizens by virtue of the 14th amendment. This is cynically accomplished by pressure on politicians by American brown supremacists not to enforce immigration law. Several goals are advanced in one stroke.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.