View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 05:35 PM

Old 10-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Enlistee

Thanks for posting this Ibegone, what they cry and cry again really amazes me. I went to grade school in San Pedro in the same years (early 60's). No one beat anyone because of their ethnicity. The ethnic make up of our school was about 30% White, 20% Black, 25% Hispanic, and the remaining 25% were a mix of Philippine, Chinese, Japanese and others. The only one I know of who became a Doctor was a Black student, he didn't seem to feel held back. Everyone spoke English, and not Spanglish, there wasn't any problem with speaking English properly. Everyone considered themselves an American and was proud to be one. There was some racism, but it was among the Blacks and Hispanics. Many kept to their own group and didn't associate with the others. But that wasn't true of everyone. My first best friend was a Black girl named Joyce. She went to the Catholic school in town, so we only hung out while out of school. Maybe San Pedro was different than other parts of LA, especially East LA where the racial mix wasn't so much of different ethnicity's.

They keep trying to force 'diversity' on us, yet places like East LA are anything but diverse. They've made it into a toilet and no one besides themselves wants to be around it. Then they complain that they're not being respected while at the same time dropping out of school and having babies before their bodies have even fully matured. Those that have tried hard to get out of the barrio and succeeded need to speak up and stop the continued 'pride' crap of a culture that is bringing them down. What so many have done to themselves won't stop because they won't face the fact that their culture condones the destruction of itself. Many come from a failed country and want to continue that same path here. So many don't respect an education or investing in it, only if it's free. And then they want to study about their own failed culture, but change the facts to please themselves. They blame this country for making them victims, yet don't do anything to change the culture that put them where they are. It's so much easier to cry victim.
What's unfortunate is that the Americans who are Hispanic have such a hard time when they try to disassociate with that failed barrio culture. The liberal left has made being a victim, a noble cause.