View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 07:57 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I like the idea.

There's some possible offshoot thoughts too.

Since Obama has taken to legislating by fiat through executive orders - bypassing congress in the process concerning myriad issues (illegal migration being just one) - we are being taxed without representation.

The further consideration is that the IRS is a corrupt, rogue agency which abuses the taxpayer, some taxpayers more than others in a bid to silence political dissension concerning the president's ideological agendas.
I had thoughts about including other issues as reasons for asking people to vote for this, and it is still a consideration to draw more people in, but I didn't know where to stop. Obviously anti-war people might like to make a statement about all the wars, and anti-tax people would like to make a statement about taxes in general, but would that end up polluting the main issue, or even driving away some people who don't want to be associated with them. If it gets into some areas, maybe voters start equating it with the occupy crowd, or the sovereign citizens. At this point, I thought I'd just stick to the immigration point, and hope people that felt strongly about sending a message to their federal government about other issues would vote for this just to see if flexing the muscle would work at all
As it is, it runs a risk of saying this is anti-tax already. What saves us from that is that it ONLY applies to federal income taxes, and is just a non-cooperation statement for a period of time