View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I also do not watch Duck Dynasty; I don't get A&E in my cable package. And most people know I have no religious affiliation, and no one has forced me to attach to one. But this attack on Christians not only here but throughout the world is horrible. Christians have been a moral compass for mankind and we as a country have profited greatly because of their beliefs and guidance. Not all of the Christian undertakings have been good, but the overall guidance Christianity provides so many has had, and continues to have a positive impact on society. I hope Christians throughout this country stand up to the attacks being thrown at them. I can't imagine what this country would be like for so many without its guidance. I sure wouldn't want to live in a country that wasn't Christian based.
Intolerance can take many forms, from latent ostracism to deadly persecution. Like racism, intolerance is indiscriminate just who is the intolerant one in the name of any cause.

It is undeniably true that oceans of blood have been spilled in the name of Jesus, the Prince of Peace - and a majority of that blood has been spilled between different factions of Christianity. Muslims are doing the same thing to each other in other countries.

Here in the US, self described atheists and their politically correct lackeys are trying to ban Christianity and all symbols of, and (yes, I'll use the pejorative) fudge packers have gone way beyond seeking acceptance within society to forcing their lifestyle on others who have no desire to have any part of it.

It seems that the biggest bigots and racists in our society come from the protected classes who can also get a free pass to the head of the line regardless of merit, if they so choose to take it.

There is way too much of the pot calling the kettle black.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.