View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 08:03 AM

Makes me want to vomit. Every thing I read about these people makes me loath them more and more.

In 2008, the L.A. Times ran an article about the 40th Anniversary of the great Chicano student strike and walkout in 1968, when "Chicanos" walked out of classrooms in protest of racism (What else?), lack of funding for chicano studies, poor academic performance, blah, blah, blah.

The Times' forty year anniversary report summarized the history. In the 40 years after the walkout, California spent billions of dollars on "Chicano Studies," "Gay Chicano Studies", Lesbian Chicano Studies" Chicano History, Chicano Literature, Chicano Sociology, Chicano Psychology, Chicano Alienation, etc.

To what end? The Times concluded that although the 1968 strike was a great historical milestone for Chicanos, they still have the same problems: Low test scores, high dropout rates, gangs, violence, poverty, racism, intolerance....blah, blah, blah.

Let's examine the 40 year historical period before 1968. Let's use 1969 as a benchmark year because the stock market crashed in 1929, 40 years before, and the depression began. Forty years later, in 1969, white Americans had beaten the depression, won a world war, invented the aero space industry, invented space ships and transported astronauts to the moon and back.

Now Americans, who beat the depression, won WW2, invented a new civilization and space exploration, are being dispossessed by third worlders who can't even figure out freshman algebra.