View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Ilbegone:
You said quite a mouthful in that post, and I greatly respect your knowledge in this area. The part I quoted here is the part I have questions for you about. First of all, while what you say is correct, how would you bring this about when not only is the current political climate in California more liberal than ever, but it seems that for all of Obama's failings the Democratic party still has considerably more support than the Republicans nationwide, and the illegal immigration issue breaks down pretty much along party lines? Not 100%, but there are a lot more Republicans in Congress who feel as we do than there are Democrats. I think it was really unfortunate that Romney lost in 2012 because he was the only candidate who supported self-deportation for illegals who are already here, and look where that got him. Therefore we at least need to get a majority in congress in 2014, which means not only a Republican controlled House but Senate as well if we want to start getting things turned around. I doubt however that there will be 67 Republican senators elected in 2014, which is what it would take to override a Presidential veto

So my question to you is how do you suggest we go about this? You said we all need to do something, but what exactly? Do we try to change a lot of Democratic hearts and minds or do we need to get more Republicans to turn out and vote? This is what frustrates me so much, because I don't have an answer. I'd like to hear yours.
Capitalize on the disgust which the administration has so rightly earned since the 2012 election, it's far more egregious since the last election (presumptuous, lame duck egregious) - get out the vote.

California might be compromised, but in addition to working in California we need to support viable national candidates who will run against incumbents who defile, bankrupt, and morally destroy America.

The facts are that the 2012 election was gamed by Democrat data mining and pressure on the the areas which might vote Democrat while the Republicans were left behind in the dust of organizational prowess. That's how Romney lost in what was originally a close election which, according to what I remember of the polls, favored Romney.

To be blunt, I have no love for either the Democrat or Republican parties as they have been over the last 20 years as I feel that, if unrestrained, they will bring us to the very same impoverished, enslaved status. The roads to governmental domination are polar opposites, but they lead to the same place. The third parties are a collection of impotent, nut ball loons, no help there. Distasteful as it may be, we have to work within the system - just as all those "progressives" (who ripped off the "liberal" brand"), "Latino activists", and all the rest who have used and gamed the system to subvert the system over the last 50 some years.

So, I made a deal with the devil so far as the enemy of my enemy is my friend and am working with a newly formed Tea Party group in the hope that once the goal is obtained the antagonistic opposites will level out. I made the choice of the lesser of evils.

California might be currently lost as far as the Democrat vote is concerned, but by doing what we can here and working towards national results it may have a beneficial result towards California. Nationally the hard core left is probably no more than 20% of the population, but by keeping the pressure on and playing dirty pool for several decades and hanging on to what they have gained they win. We have to do the same, gather the numbers, and dish out what they don't expect.

The national elections of 2014 and 2016 matter a lot. If we are successful California might have some just results concerning genuine fairness and genuine equality, but if not we will continue to be screwed.

Phil, thanks for asking.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-06-2013 at 06:21 PM.