View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 02:50 AM

Greg,

I understand that Reagan looked back on the 1986 immigration/amnesty law as a mistake.

This is the bottom line as I see it:

The democrat party is building a constituency they can't achieve with mainstream America, and they buy votes with social programs (the money's about to run out, but they either don't get the fact or they are playing a cynical game to keep the scam going on as long as possible).

Over the last 50 years the republicans played a game for cheap labor (underbidding native labor), but they didn't figure on the 14th amendment - oddly they must have thought that foreigners wouldn't procreate on American soil. It bit them in the ass because the democrats are picking up the kids and now republicans are on a clumsy damage control mission.

Actually, I believe that a lot of the situation now is similar to when the Irish came in the 19th century, except the Irish spoke the same language, their origination was an ocean away, the nation was expanding (populating a continent) instead of being static (overpopulated continent), and they eventually quit coming in large numbers.

Neither party really wants an end to it (just control as to the desired outcome - democrats want them as voters, republicans would kick them to the curb when they're done using them), and that is reflected by the occasional thunderous speech but no action in congress combined with little to no enforcement on the executive side of government as well as the judicial branch giving away the store.

Third parties have no chance, and they're a bunch of lunatics in any case while the two parties offer us no candidate who is sincere about fixing the problem.

The nutshell answer to government and immigration.

I don't believe the bit about money flowing to brown race groups for control for one microsecond.

Since the attempts in the 60's to infiltrate and neutralize those groups outside control is just not going to happen - it's not like the feds cutting off freeway construction money to force a state to adopt a policy which is distasteful to the state's population. I believe that government and private donors either don't understand what is actually going on (useful idiots) or what is going on fits their various agendas - and I'm more inclined to believe the latter.

Let the race stuff go. Almost everyday I find someone new with origins in the barrio whose father or grandfather might have listened to Ranchera music with his drunk buddies on the porch, but played the Mills brothers or Mitch Miller in the house (not always the case, but frequent enough). Those people and their descendants aren't the same people who come here now, and while varying numbers might agree with you on certain things, they will bitterly oppose you and your stand because of your perceived racism.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-12-2012 at 03:32 AM.