View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 07:18 AM

Default Estimate !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
So, you would like to see a reduction in US population, but you think the consequences of a reduction in population are "already understood" to be a disaster.

If you would like to see a reduction in US population, then you at least agree that the US population, at least, should be stabilized at some fixed number. How many fewer people should the US have and what about the rest of the world?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

According to environmental report I read many years ago, from a biological, environmental standpoint the land mass of the USA should accommodate 50 million.

Remember that I spent a lifetime in Earth History and I am an aficionado of archaeology. In my area of discipline I think in terms of hundreds of millions of years, geology, evolution and the development of the primates including the predecessors of the Neanderthals and Cro-magnons.

The Europeans didn't even know that North America existed in the early 1,500's. Williamsburg, Virginia may have been an early attempt to populate but Plymouth, Massachusetts was the first successful colony in 1620. Then it was a few hundred, then hundreds of thousands, then millions and then hundreds of millions.

I would like to see over 100 million disappear over time. The USA could deal with 100 to 150 million. *( From an environmental standpoint, but that's absolutely impossible to achieve, ever, without some dramatic changes in politics, economy and lifestyle ). Indeed even from the national security aspect our standing Army would be to small to cope with the massive increases in China, with the Muslims and other adversaries.

I lived overseas for more than 14 years on several continents. I saw how they "live" - exist. The world is very seriously overpopulated now.

Here is Roy Becks explanation in gumballs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

Last edited by wetibbe; 09-15-2010 at 11:17 AM.