View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Star

Quote:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,5816792.story
Meg Whitman: immigration reform, with respect

I took just the first 4 paras of Whitman's comments-- she's grossly TOO WEAK on the lawlessness of illegal immigration and the burdon of these illegal law-breakers on the quality of life for ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS, PERIOD!! She DOES NOT HAVE MY VOTE!!

It's an issue vital to California, but we must debate it without becoming divisive.
Debate it-- these racist groups STOP / refuse any debate, ALWAYS. They can't WIN a debate, how do you debate total absolute lawlessness!!

California has the most to gain from sensible immigration reform, and the most to lose from the failed status quo. We need common-sense solutions to the problem of illegal immigration while preserving the many benefits our state derives from legal immigration.
Sensible LEGAL immigration, YES. We have COMMON SENSE LAWS ON THE BOOKS FOR ILLEGAL LAWBREAKERS. WHERE'S THE COMMON SENSE APPLICATION?? JUST SAY, *NO* Whitman!!

Too often, the rhetoric surrounding this issue has been overly divisive and disrespectful to Latino American citizens. The country needs to have a thoughtful debate about how we stop the tide of illegal immigration that strains budgets and angers taxpayers. But the immigration debate must take place in a measured way that reflects our national aspirations toward tolerance, hope and opportunity.
Disrespectful to Latino's *Latino criminals illegally in the country*. Excuse me Whitman, your disrespecting me!! I find this statement by her ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS!! What--- give tolerance, hope and respect for LAWLESSNESS!! We as American's take pride IN BEING A LAW RESPECTING PEOPLE.

As a Republican, I believe it's important to both continue our rich tradition of protecting the rule of law while diligently reaching out to the millions of Latinos who share our values.
The problem IS WHITMAN'S REACH OUT-- reaching out to lawless criminals-- her concentration/FOCUS should be for protecting the RULE OF LAW & THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Last edited by Star; 03-27-2010 at 08:10 AM.