View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
There's one thing that bothers me about this story. I'd like to believe that Whitman's been set up here, but she claims that the illegal maid voluntarily came to her and told her she was illegal in order not to be a political liability in Whitman's run for governor. What? I'm sorry, but I find it more credible that Whitman really did get the letters from the Social Security Administration and chose to ignore them until she decided to run for governor, at which time she decided she had damn well better fire the maid since it was bound to come out that she was illegal.
Getting a no-match letter does not mean you get to fire the employee without being liable for damages under employment laws. Believe it or not, an employer is pretty much required to take the documentation that an employee provides as factual proof until something is returned from the state or feds stating otherwise. So this lying illegal could have been outed by the no-match letter, and then returned with yet another fraudulent SSN, and meg would be beholden to accept it until that one was disproven. That system was a ridiculous as any other federal program, and you have a willing participant in the fraud right in the federal government.
I'm not sayin' meg is in the clear here, but the first thing we have to default to is that our system is conducive to illegals, and second that we have lying, scamming illegals heavily vested in it. Our first concern should be to deport the liar of a foreigner, second we need to beat down the system that wasn't knocking on megs door after they supposedly knew where she was, how long she was there, and what she was doing. Meg wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance in hell of hiring an illegal, let alone keeping one had the feds and the state not been voluntarily helping the illegal work, stay here, or at least shirking their jobs in enforcing the law.
Let's remember what our goals are, and who our protected class is. California born Americans.