View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post
What are the other options?
What are the other options for what? For governor?

If there are no candidates that you think you can support for governor, then you should not vote for any of them. If I don't think I can support any of the candidates for governor, that's what I'm going to do. I'll go to the polls this November and just vote on those other issues that might be on the ballot. I'll leave the choice for the governor unmarked or write through it or something.

That's what I did for the presidential election. There ought to be a "none of the above" option on the ballot for any election or issue. There is some debate as to whether a "none of the above" choice should be binding or not. I would settle for nonbinding, but there are some places where if either candidate or side of an issue cannot secure a certain percentage of votes away from the "none of the above" voters, then there has to be a reelection or something.

I'd especially like to see a "none of the above" option for propositions or issues. Sometimes the way the propositions are posed, you lose either way.