View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 03:02 PM

Every last one of those numbered paragraphs apply to multiple versions of Christianity since the church achieved political power in the days of Constantine.

I have no doubt that there are “Christians” who would be burning “apostates” and “heretics” at the stake right here and now rather than the Koran in the United States if they could get away with it. That's why the founding fathers saw fit to provide for separation of church and state.

Want religion sanctioned mass murder of conquered unbelievers? Check the Book of Joshua.

Women without rights? Solomon's Harem which contained hundreds of “wives” and concubines.

Political Corruption? One need not look farther than the antics of King David, who, among other things, impregnated a loyal soldier's wife then sent the soldier on a suicide mission. While it's been close to 35 years since I cracked a Bible, I also believe there is an account of David killing a neighbor for his wife. Yet “everything David did was right in the eyes of the Lord”.

How about the well documented practice of medieval lords forcing the right to appoint clergy?

Jesus' crucifixion is well documented? It is documented that there was a Pontius Pilate in Palestine about the believed time of Jesus' death. There is no official documentation of Jesus, and I believe the only mention of Jesus Christ outside of the religion is a brief entry in Josephus' history, which I believe was written after the Jewish revolt of AD 70. This also a thirty five or so year old memory. I had a copy of Josephus' work, I don't know what happened to it.

How about all the mutual butchery between Catholic and Protestant, and mutual bloodshed between Muslim and Christian throughout the ages?

How is it that God is “on” every side of a conflict?

I haven't even scratched the surface. As I said, I could go on for hours.

The only form of prosperity for Arabs before Mohammed was raiding other Arabs. Mohammed forbid the practice between Arabs, so Islam expanded from the Arabian peninsula with raiding turned into conquering. At least until the crusades, and I believe in some cases afterward, Christians and Jews were not required to convert to Mohammedism when part of of a conquered population.

Much of written language of Spanish Christian kings before the United Kingdoms of Ferdinand and Isabella were in Arabic, and I believe Ferdinand and Isabella oversaw the defeat of Grenada wearing Arabic clothing. Then again, how about that Spanish Inquisition which an Evil Spanish priest convinced Isabella to institute?

What is the real problem concerning Muslim hatred of Christians and the US? Muslim extremism born of sects or cults like Wahabbism, and eternal tit for tat internal conflict born of the Sunni and Shia rift (similar to the western Roman and eastern Orthodox split in Christianity – who got to pull the strings).

As I said before, there is humble belief and evil practice in every religion, and here is to genuine humility overcoming blatant evil in every professed religion..

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-21-2010 at 03:11 PM.