View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
What has Mexico done ?

Cuba ?

Venezuela ?

The other Caribbean Islands ?

The Dominican Republic put troops on the border to seal it and stop refugee's.
Most of my news I get from the TV these days, I did hear about Cuba sending rescue people I believe. Some refugees did make it to the DR but there were so many that they put the troups on the border.
Of all those there I would say the UN is the worst and I will never give them anything. One time Dr Sanjay
Gupta showed the makeshift hospital where he was working with the UN doctors, he said a vehicle came and told the doctors to pack up, they had orders to leave. They all left Gupta and one or two nurses there for the night. The next day a UN official said they did not give an order for the doctors to leave.
I saw some of a food distrubition where I did not see the beginning but things looked pretty calm to me but the UN ordered the supplies back on the truck and they took it away while the people stood there. When they saw the truck leave they all surged foward to get as much as possible.
I also have seen recently where women are at sewing machines ( the treadle type no less). I don't know where in Haiti that was but they said they were building up a clothing trade.
The US never waits for others to commit in the time of need. There are times when I think they do too much but if people want to give I will not get in their way.

Last edited by Rim05; 01-29-2010 at 08:06 AM.