View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I think you may be confusing immigrants to Japan, with migrant workers or temporary workers to Japan. Japan does not permit liberal immigration like the US does, so the majority of these people in the article are not pledging themselves to the country, nor could they. When Japan doesn't need them anymore, they can be told to leave. Not that they shouldn't be greatful anyway, but there is little in the way of incentive beyond a paycheck for them
Then why the re-entry permits?

I've posted articles about immigration problems in Japan before. It does have an immigration problem. There is the same rot there about allowing non-citizens to vote. There are serious national security problems because of North Koreans. And also, they insist on being educated in special schools like they are in North Korea. The Japanese suffer just like we do by being forced to act as a population relief valve for high birth rate countries like the Phillipines, and I'm guessing, China. And they hear the same lame pronouncements we do about how they are not reproducing fast enough to take care of themselves.