View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 10:56 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Are you going to be there, SZ?
Not sure, I'm torn at the moment. I'm either going to Phoenix or the event in San Diego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post
Who cares about those two and their opinions??

Why assume and start sh*t before the event even starts?

Isn't this about the support of AZ and immigration laws? Forget about who might be there for cripes sakes.

That they will be present and have their opinions? Doesn't matter. That they will be present and may publicly give voice to their opinions from behind a microphone while banners and signs bearing my website's identifiers will be in the immediate vicinity with cameras and reporters all over the place? That worries me a great deal.

My website is my baby. It is also a reflection on me. My number one governing principle for it is intellectual gravitas/credibility. Everything good that it generates flows from that; and that is in direct conflict with Chelene's not infrequently voiced public musings about our president's legal residency status, the construction of politically calculated detention facilities in the Antelope Valley or Elvis currently working on a come back album while simultaneously holding down the evening managerial shift at the Dairy Queen in Las Cruces (actually, I don't think she subscribes to that last one).

Schwilk is less of a concern. He usually makes a pretty good account of himself from behind a microphone. The trouble he attracts is commonly internet-related. He's just sort of a loose cannon (hollering at women on film, bikini shots, "Korean Kommie Kunt," etc.), but not the type that I have to be concerned about at a public rally. He's sort of like Tony. His troubles usually start behind a keyboard connected to a computer with internet access.

So, in short, that's why these things sit in the back of my mind and I'm not sure whether to head off Phoenix when I know San Diego is a safer bet.