View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
While many illegal immigrants wish to remain anonymous, Torres agreed to have her name and photograph published. She hopes her story encourages people to advocate for federal legislation that would help those brought to the U.S. as minors.

"The United States has given me so many opportunities, yet it is letting me waste all the opportunities and throw them away simply because I do not have the proper documentation," she said.

She is among the more than 700,000 illegal immigrants who would be eligible for legal status under the DREAM Act currently before Congress. The bill, which targets high school graduates who came here before they were 16, has been introduced in similar forms multiple times over the past decade.
If she is so smart, why can't she figure out that we have been d*** generous to finance her high school education. She got all of that so 'they all' think, well, what is the big deal if we get in state tuition? I will tell her what I think, Get back to Mexico where you belong. OH, while you are at it take your illegal brothers and sisters with you. Your mother should be found out before she marries to get her green card. My tax dollars cover her in state tuition.

It is difficult to understand their nerve.