View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
How about that recall I mentioned? I have 4 recall votes at my finger tips at this moment?
Make that five. I think there is momentum in this. From another post here:

http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=4717

Quote:

Backing up, even though Brown won by a large majority, he's the accidental governor. In 1990, California passed a term-limit law restricting governors and other legislators to two-four year terms. Brown, protesting that he first served before the law passed, ignored it. Then, unchallenged on his misinterpretation of the term-limit restriction, Brown became the default Democratic candidate when no other party member could be persuaded to run for the thankless job. Finally, Brown coasted into office when Republican Meg Whitman mounted the most ineffective campaign in recent California political history.

Brown's irresponsible behavior prompted two actions, one of which could end his governorship. On Monday, Assemblyman Tim Donnelly filed documents to initiate a ballot initiative to overturn the law. A website, www.stopab131.com, has been established to help collect the necessary 504,000 signatures within 90 days.

Donnelly noted that California is billions of dollars in the hole, unemployment is 12.1 percent, schools' and teachers' budgets have been ravaged, job centers shut, state parks closed and veterans' reentry services slashed. Yet Brown managed to find a $42 million DREAM Act slush fund for illegal aliens to attend schools whose tuition rates have risen 10 to 12 percent. Colleges are so overcrowded that students participate in a lottery to enroll in the classes they need to graduate.

Even better than voiding Brown's laws is the nascent movement to unseat him. Disgusted Californians have organized a recall campaign that if successful, as it was in 2003 when Gray Davis was ousted, would force a special election. Recall advocates would need to collect approximately 1.2 million signatures, not a daunting task given the rampant statewide discontent. Making the recall easier is that it isn't tied specifically to any of Brown's treasonous bills. Registered voters angry about any issue can sign.

Brown should pack his bags. California, the state that can afford it the least, is the nation's friendliest toward aliens. Davis got the boot for less egregious offenses during better economic times.

Joe Guzzardi was a Democratic candidate in the 2003 Recall Gray Davis election. Contact him at guzzjoe@yahoo.com.