View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
Phil even with what my observations have been I would say that we must always be wary of what certain "leaders" can bring about.

It isn't just the jews who suffered the insufferable, there have been genocides brought about on this planet that defy the imagination of any creative writer in terms of the misery an horror that was wrought.

Whomever takes the reins of power be it in America, Adolph Hitlers' Germany or any other sovereign state gets to decide what will be done.

Once a person is in a position of authority that very authority can be used to force their countrymen into doing the very things that they detest.

A German doctor I spoke to when in highschool told me that being a NAZI was a requirement and so he became one even though he didn't like it.

A very notable and noble member of the NAZI party was Schindler of Schindlers List fame. A man who struggled to save as many jewish lives as he could while braving certain danger.

When it comes to our interactions with white supremacy groups (not all of them are NAZIs) we must impress upon them the failure that was Hitlers Germany and that if anything Hitler's Germany was a model of how things should not be done.

So while I see the good things in these folk I am also keenly aware of the darkness that envelopes the good aspects of their persons.

I do not have any NAZI or white power friends and of course given my way of thinking I would not fit in other than as AG puts it, that we can sort of be an alternative choice.

Jean however cites wisdom in that we are not hardcore enough for a lot of these kids.

I believe the Nazis would loose a lot of membership if there was a simple patriotic group representative of white Americans that has no ties to NAZIs, KKK or such.

A group of the sort would have to be para military, strong in its philosophy and teachings and capable of giving a sense of power and dignity to its membership. I believe that there is a void here that could be filled.
But by whom I do not know.

In any case peace and let us hope for a better tomorrow through the exercise of wisdom, good judgement, compassion and strength.
Some of your comments remind me of the movie "American History X" which is an excellent film that I would highly recommend to anyone. If you've never seen it you can probably get the DVD. It's a powerful story of a white American racist Nazi sympathizer who gets a black cellmate in prison and finds his attitude changing. I know I said earlier that this rarely happens in real life, but this fictional account seems quite real.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 10-26-2009 at 04:58 PM.