View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:20 AM

They were on the border in a limited fashion for anti drug smuggler duties before, but it seems it was withdrawn after the kid was killed. I would like to see them there, but I see this to be the main publicly verbalized objection to deploying military along the border. The argument against would be formulated around posse comitatus about Using the military against US citizens. As I recall, Posse Comitatus came about because of the Union occupation using the Military for policing the south after the Civil War with the connotation of the Army being used against against American citizens. The kid was a US citizen.

It's like a war zone from what I understand, we could use them there.

One link to the incident of the kid who died: http://www.ndsn.org/july97/goats.html, I haven't researched enough to draw an opinion of whether it's slanted or not, I just remembered the incident a few minutes ago. I think the article dates it in 1997.

Edit in: I posted this before I read Ron's link to the posse comitatus - the link is a great read, adressed the argument against posting troops on the border.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 04-22-2011 at 08:44 AM.