View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbass View Post
Agreed. Troops are needed on the border. And the enablers need to be replaced.
Maybe those who are willing to go to the border should be redirected to tracking down the enablers.
According to some information I have received since my previous post, I am retracting my suggestion that a do over of the Minuteman project be attempted.
"
People should do what they feel best. It's not my place to judge other's activism.

I've been thinking of how to get to governmental enablers. Of course there are the election cycles in which candidates will suck the chrome off of political bumpers, so to speak, to get elected. Then they do what they want and find weasel words to justify turning their backs on their campaign rhetoric.

A lot of the problem, as I see it, boils down to numbers and areas of responsibility.

There are hundreds of congressional members who craft legislation and create the governmental budget, which is approved or vetoed by the President. A veto may be over ridden by a percentage vote in Congress.

There are perhaps hundreds of thousands of governmental employees who work in departments directly reportable to the President, including Homeland Security and the Department of Justice. Congress may propose the laws and provide the funds these departments operate under, but they are not in the direct chain of command.

How do we get to Governmental employees who refuse to enforce the law? How is it that Obama or anyone in the chain of his command can dictate just which illegals are subject to enforcement and which will not be pursued?

The president can be impeached for dereliction of duty, but I don't see inclination in congress for this sort of action.

How does a Grand Jury get set into motion, can Napolitano be held accountable for restricting border and interior enforcement?

How would the Judiciary generally view such a thing?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.